Wrestling thread

I don't doubt that he got a good deal but I just cant see BT having higher ratings for it than Sky did, that's not based on any facts just a personal opinion.
Mine on based on cold hard evidence either, but I suspect BT are willing to throw around a bit more money to build their brand. I believe they paid a small fortune for the Premier League when they launched and trumpeted it as a huge launch. Not sure on the crossover between football and pro-wrestling bar the predominantly male demographic.

Very good episode of NXT this week. The Women's roster is looking very strong at present. I will be watching AEW Dynamite tonight.
Will watch both over the weekend.
Raw was actually pretty ok this week.

Tyler Bate and Jordan Devlin was a superb match from last weekend.

NxT women’s roster is fantastic, AEW seem to be wasting their women.

AEW just signed a 3 year tv deal with TNT, so they are safely here for a good while yet.

Watched NWA Power last night. After a couple of average episodes lately, this was one of their best episodes. Worth watching for a hilarious Aaron Stevens (Damien Sandow) sell alone. Had me in stitches. :D

Watched NWA Power last night. After a couple of average episodes lately, this was one of their best episodes. Worth watching for a hilarious Aaron Stevens (Damien Sandow) sell alone. Had me in stitches. :D
Both myself and the missus have been enjoying his antics for the last few weeks. He is one of the stand out stars they have at the moment, who most people wouldn’t have expected.

Thought Worlds Collide was excellent last night, as good as the NXT Takeovers. Both tag team matches in particular were great. Royal Rumble tonight, not sure if I will stay up and watch it though. May watch it tomorrow.

Yeah, I will watch tomorrow some interesting gossip/rumour about potential entrants, won’t spoil I case it’s true.

I haven’t seen worlds collide yet, also want to watch NWA hard times.

Feel like I’m going to burn out and need a little break after wrestlemania season.

Not going to reveal any spoilers, but last nights Rumble was a mixed bag. The Women's match was mostly good with a couple of shitty moments towards the end. The men's match was mostly shit, but has a couple of great moments towards the end.

Not going to reveal any spoilers, but last nights Rumble was a mixed bag. The Women's match was mostly good with a couple of shitty moments towards the end. The men's match was mostly shit, but has a couple of great moments towards the end.
(Thank you for no spoilers)

I tried to watch it on a dodgy website without any joy. So I decided to renew my network subscription. Oh my god, it’s literally so hard to do, I still haven’t worked out how to ‘renew my my subs

usually cancelling the subscription is hard, or difficult to find, but giving them the money is easy. WWE are doing something wrong if I cannot work out how to give them money for a couple of months.

Both NXT and NXT UK were good this week. Looking forward to Takeover Portland in a couple of weeks. I will watch AEW Dynamite as usual tonight, straight after the Darts.

Both NXT and NXT UK were good this week. Looking forward to Takeover Portland in a couple of weeks. I will watch AEW Dynamite as usual tonight, straight after the Darts.
Enjoyed the Rumble, feel like the male winner was a good choice. I would have preferred a different winner for the girls one.

Never got round to watching worlds collide. Last weeks NxT was very good.

Jericho has been superb for AEW, and I’m even enjoying Moxley to a degree.

Feel it was a badly timed tour of Mexico for Impact recordings, as most of the crowd couldn’t understand Tessa Blanchard on the mic, so felt flat for the new champs inaugural promo (not that she is a patch on Sammy Callahan).

Just read that Bret Hart has now been diagnosed with skin cancer. Looks like he will be ok, but can that guy please have some good luck for once.

Hearing that there is very bad weather in Salt Lake City today where Raw is being held, but as of yet they are not cancelling.
I watched last weeks raw on channel 5, when it’s cut down to an hour it’s a better show for sure.

This week they start showing both raw and smackdown but it appears they first broadcast them out of order (SD on Saturday, Raw on Sunday), not a problem using catch up.

nxt uk will also be broadcast for free on 5 paramount channel, it’s one of the choices of channels that ch5 provide. With Impact as well they have become the wrestling channel.

Last weeks NxT was very enjoyable
AEW was also good, but I preferred NXT. Good to see Danny Burch (Martin Stone) back on Nxt UK. Impact was a bit average, couple of really superb matches, but still in Mexico in a joint promotion with triple A.

NWA, kinda enjoying Marty scurll and Nick Aldis, but the real money is on Aaron Stevens. He reminds me of Jericho how he realises something is getting over and then runs with it (think Jericho and the scarf, list, jacket). At this point I would love to spend my summer holiday in Mongrovia.

Just watched this weeks NWA Power. Good episode again, though I am a little pissed off that they replaced the excellent "Into the fire" theme to some crappy Pantera song.
Yeah the new theme song is proper shite compared to the "Into the fire" song.
But looks like they're going to be changing the song every few 'seasons' so shouldn't be around that long.

The Rock’s 18 year old daughter has signed with wwe

TMZ Sports spoke with RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch at the WrestleMania 37 press conference in Inglewood, CA on Tuesday.

The Man was asked about WWE signing the daughter of The Rock, 18 year old Simone Johnson. Simone has reported to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando to begin training under her WWE NXT deal as WWE’s first fourth generation Superstar. Lynch was asked what advice she would give Simone.

“Work hard,” Lynch said. “Work as hard as you possibly can. Work harder than everybody else. The thing is, there’s going to be a lot of pressure on her. There’s big shoes to fill. She’s going to feel that, she’s going to know that everybody expects a lot more from her, and that she’s going to be under a lot more criticism than everybody else. She doesn’t get that chance, that slack-line, that other people might get. But I think she’s up for the challenge and I think that really tests you, that makes you into the woman that you want to be, and to be a champion, and whenever she’s ready I’ll be holding down the fort.”

Lynch joked again about being ready to face Simone some day. “Ill still be holding onto this whenever she’s ready, in 5 years from here,” Lynch said, laughing and patting her title.

Lynch was then asked if Simone should use her dad’s signature move, The People’s Elbow.

“You know what, no,” Becky said in response. “I think maybe there will be a chance for it, but I think it’ll be good for her to try and make her own way. Don’t rely on the past, don’t rely on what got other people over. Try to make something new for yourself. I think there’s merit in that. I would like her to be seen as the athlete and performer that she is on her own right, and not have her constantly compared to her dad.”

Charlotte Flair has forged her own path, it can be done. Good luck to the young lady.

Haven’t got round to watching anything yet this week, it will be a busy wrestling weekend.

Watching my first wrestling show of the week, decided with the missus to do a ‘watching/favourite top five list’

feel free to add your own, this is our joint list..

1 NxT
2 NxT UK
3 NWA power
4 AEW
5 Smackdown

We also watch New Japan, ROH and Raw.

We are both surprised that NWA scored so highly. We both miss Lucha Underground.

NXT Takeover Portland tonight. I expect Rhea will retain to face Charlotte at Wrestlemania. I am hoping Ciampa will win the title, and then turn back heel. No doubt though, it will be a better show than the Saudia Arabia one.

NXT Takeover Portland tonight. I expect Rhea will retain to face Charlotte at Wrestlemania. I am hoping Ciampa will win the title, and then turn back heel. No doubt though, it will be a better show than the Saudia Arabia one.
I'm have a feeling that the Unidisputed Era will lose all their belts tonight at Takeover. The prophecy is over as Keith Lee said a few weeks back.

Currently watching Smackdown highlights on C5. It's 1 week behind again, and not much good either. NXT and AEW were both great this week though.
Aew was great, MJF is clearly destined for greatness. No NWA this week. Excellent Tyler Bate match on NxT UK. Watched this weeks smackdown, not sure about Goldberg and Bray at super showdown.

Saw that kid doing the jump of the balcony into the ring at a Mall wrestling show, looked fucking dangerous.

Saw the first two episodes of Ruthless Aggression, pretty interesting. Sort of a documentary about the time after the attitude era and how WWE struggled to find its identity.

Just seen some of the results from Saudi Arabia. I am so glad I did not watch it. 😬
I put it on and watched R Truth come out, next thing I knew I woke up and the stream had stopped. I won’t rush back in.

Aaron Stevens (and NWA in general) is brilliant this week. Looking forward to AEW. Angel Garza is really growing on me, and fits nicely on the big show, his fights with Lio Rush on NxT last year were fantastic.

I read Samoa Joe violated the wellness policy and is suspended.

I put it on and watched R Truth come out, next thing I knew I woke up and the stream had stopped. I won’t rush back in.

Aaron Stevens (and NWA in general) is brilliant this week. Looking forward to AEW. Angel Garza is really growing on me, and fits nicely on the big show, his fights with Lio Rush on NxT last year were fantastic.

I read Samoa Joe violated the wellness policy and is suspended.
Stevens is brilliant. I like Thunder Rosa too. Just seen NXT, very good episode. AEW Dynamite tonight.

Just watched AEW go home show before the PPV. I loved Pac, that Portuguese girl and Butcher/bunny etc, but the show seemed to have way to many adverts. I think Hangman could go far. MJF is consistently brilliant.

Still to watch NxT uk and NxT this week.

Hangman Page is turning heel in the next few weeks. Far too obvious with the foreshadowing at the end.
Maybe, one thing Vince and the rest of his team are very good at doing is spotting when the audience wants someone to be face/heel. I definitely felt that the crowd were massively behind hangman, and he is playing that well.

(not gonna mention the result of the match yet)

Maybe, one thing Vince and the rest of his team are very good at doing is spotting when the audience wants someone to be face/heel. I definitely felt that the crowd were massively behind hangman, and he is playing that well.

(not gonna mention the result of the match yet)
Vince? You know AEW has nothing to do with WWE right?

JBL is being inducted into this years Hall of Fame. That means this years class will feature a bully, a racist and the Bella twins. Not going to be much fun to watch I think. :thumbsdown:

I watched the first three episodes of the Ruthless aggression ‘documentary’. I have found them a very enjoyable/interesting look at the time after the ‘attitude era’ and WWE trying time find its way.

What a busy couple of wrestling days

NWA very good episode, Mongrovia !!
NxT good episode, Kai/Nox and Dream/Strong all very enjoyable, grizzled young veterans are great.
AEW superb episode Hangman is fast becoming my favourite

God awful tattoo (anyone who watches wrestling will know what I mean)

I have now watched the AEW PPV again and I think that that tag match is one of the best of all time.

haven’t watched NXT uk yet or SD or Raw

I wonder what's going to happen to Wrestlemania? Vince is notorious for putting money over peoples health though.
They are still advertising it, the decision could be out of Vinces hands.

There is potential tho, to put the show on behind closed doors. Stick it on free to air TV, all over the world, catch all the people stuck indoors, or people that would go to football/cricket/basketball etc and perhaps some will stay (at 9:99 ofc)

I'm actually liking the way WWE are doing the shows at the performance center at the moment. Will be interesting to see how Mania fairs in that environment though.