What's happened to Jose?

Are Chelsea in trouble or is Jose looking for a way out, what a spectacular fall for the champions and it don't look like getting better anytime soon

I actually think the problems started at the end of last season after winning the title. Several players took their foot off the gas and have not been with it since.

This was further compounded preseason when he clearly did not get the players he wanted unlike the previous season when they signed Costa and Fabregas.

Any other Chelsea manager would have been sacked by now!

I have some sympathy but his antics on the touchline and in press conferences have made him look a prat!

Chelsea's recent management history is ridiculous. They have employed some of the 'so called' best managers in the world and after sacking them appear to have suffered premature rejaculation (sic).

Two former managers Benitez and Ancelotti are being talked about in the media, but I doubt either will return.

Mourhino seems to have a 2-3 year management lifespan before moving on and he does seem to have lost his special touch at Chelsea.

On the Alex Ferguson programme and he talked about the 4 year plan. These days most manager's job is on the line after about 5 defeats in a season!

01/07/2013 - ? José Mourinho
26/01/1963
21/11/2012 - 30/06/2013 Rafa Benítez
16/04/1960
05/03/2012 - 21/11/2012 Roberto Di Matteo
29/05/1970
01/07/2011 - 04/03/2012 André Villas-Boas
17/10/1977
01/07/2009 - 30/06/2011 Carlo Ancelotti
10/06/1959
11/02/2009 - 30/06/2009 Guus Hiddink
08/11/1946
01/07/2008 - 09/02/2009 Luiz Felipe Scolari
09/11/1948
20/09/2007 - 24/05/2008 Avram Grant
06/05/1955
01/07/2004 - 19/09/2007 José Mourinho

Well, if he wasn`t before, he certainly is now. He`s suddenly become a petulant child - everything that goes wrong is somebody else`s doing, never his, everybody`s against him; everybody`s letting him down; his outbursts are getting more and more petty.
WELCOME TO STOKE, JOSE, sorry you couldn`t come and watch, you missed a treat

Who cares (Chelsea fans aside)?

Personally, I think the whole Dr.Eva Carneiro saga was the catalyst for this implosion. Mourinho handled the whole episode piss poorly, and is now reaping the rewards. Ignoring the fact that publically admonishing an employee for doing her job is disgraceful, his message from that incident was 'don't treat a player who's injured if there's a chance it will adversely effect the result'. Would you want to play for or work for a manager like that?

Remember, this was the team that waltzed to the title last season and who had, in Hazard, the best player in the league. He's now a shadow of his former self, and was the player involved in the incident.

Coincidence?

Morinho is just a caricature of himself. When things are going well for him he can play the friendly fool with smart arsed comments but looks like this has run its course.

His reactions in games and press conferences show he has no clue how to get the team out of their loss of form

Abramowic will despatch of him (by "mutual agreement") and move on to yet another short term appointment

From what I've heard it will cost £30 million to fire him, even for Abramowic that may be a bitter pill to swallow. Just can't see it getting any better with him at the helm though

From what I've heard it will cost £30 million to fire him, even for Abramowic that may be a bitter pill to swallow. Just can't see it getting any better with him at the helm though
Apparently he always pays up the contract in full and never tries to renegotiate the settlement terms that many chairmen try.

Thats if he can be arsed to attend the interview. He's handled everything terribly so far this season, no longer the 'special one' but the 'spoilt petulant prick one'.
Yes, the special is far from special anymore, don't think you will get a blue fan to say that in public just yet but it won't be long

Who cares (Chelsea fans aside)?

Personally, I think the whole Dr.Eva Carneiro saga was the catalyst for this implosion. Mourinho handled the whole episode piss poorly, and is now reaping the rewards. Ignoring the fact that publically admonishing an employee for doing her job is disgraceful, his message from that incident was 'don't treat a player who's injured if there's a chance it will adversely effect the result'. Would you want to play for or work for a manager like that?

Remember, this was the team that waltzed to the title last season and who had, in Hazard, the best player in the league. He's now a shadow of his former self, and was the player involved in the incident.

Coincidence?
What's the link you're implying? How is Dr Canieros sacking related to Chelsea's 11 defeats this season.

What's the link you're implying? How is Dr Canieros sacking related to Chelsea's 11 defeats this season.
As they were saying on the TV this morning the friendship and trust between the doctor and the players is very high.
I still think the way Chelsea lost to Arsenal in the Community Shield shows things were going wrong before the Dr Canieros incident.

Really disappointed he was sacked. I wanted to see him finish the season having destroyed Chelsea. A blot on his CV which will now only read as being sacked.

The man has no class at all. Criticised and blamed everyone but himself. Pre-season it was subtle hints that the owner wasn't coughing up the cash to buy the players he wanted to splash out on, then the Eva incident, criticising players and singling them out, dropping the captain several times, fighting with the media, blaming referees, the FA, opposition, goading Man Utd by claiming he will get the best out of Falcao :lol:, taking pot shots direct and indirectly at Wenger who ignored them as Mourinho struggled to stay afloat, his negative interviews.. and a lot longer list. He lost the plot, lost confidence in himself and the dressing room. Can he please go and destroy Spurs now :D

I reckon it's a done deal for him to go to Citeh end of the season
City are throwing money at Guardiola apparently. Be interesting to see how the whole City/United/Guardiola/Mourinho affair plays out in the Summer.

Both Manchester clubs have a preference for Guardiola and now Chelsea are also in the mix although that would be a long shot. My guess is that if United did not win a trophy but still made the Champions League then Guardiola replaces LVG. Mourinho ends up at PSG as they want the CL desperately. Neither City or Bayern hierarchy want the baggage that comes with Mourinho. Hiddink will stay on permanently at Chelsea as he needs to rebuild his reputation and will improve Chelsea this season so will be asked to stay on.

I'm sure in 6m time ill look back on this post and laugh at wrong I was.

Because that was the incident that drove a wedge between him and the players. You cant deny they weren't playing for Mourinho this season, and I think that's what started it.

I think Mourinho would love to stay in the Premier League.

Sure he would like the Man U job. Maybe United would consider sacking LVG a season early to get Mourinho in.

Guardiola is apparently announcing next week his plans for next season. I would imagine that announcement will have a strong bearing on where Jose ends up next season.

Looks like Ancelotti has agreed to move to Bayern for next season. Personally I think it could go Guardiola to City, Maureen to Utd and Simeone to Chelsea.

Because that was the incident that drove a wedge between him and the players. You cant deny they weren't playing for Mourinho this season, and I think that's what started it.
Chelsea's poor form stems from last season and they played poorly in the Community Shield and the games leading upto the incident. I don't believe it was a turning point, but rather a culmination of a number of issues which has been brewing for months it would appear. Players who have been accused of downing tools such as Hazard and Oscar, were criticised last season by Mourinho. Terry and Ivanovic cannot be accused of not trying - they've just played poorly. Similarly with Costa, no lack of effort it's just misguided aggression which has been his downfall. I just don't buy that one incident is the driver of professional footballers not playing to defend their title.

City are throwing money at Guardiola apparently. Be interesting to see how the whole City/United/Guardiola/Mourinho affair plays out in the Summer.

Both Manchester clubs have a preference for Guardiola and now Chelsea are also in the mix although that would be a long shot. My guess is that if United did not win a trophy but still made the Champions League then Guardiola replaces LVG. Mourinho ends up at PSG as they want the CL desperately. Neither City or Bayern hierarchy want the baggage that comes with Mourinho. Hiddink will stay on permanently at Chelsea as he needs to rebuild his reputation and will improve Chelsea this season so will be asked to stay on.

I'm sure in 6m time ill look back on this post and laugh at wrong I was.
Yep I was completely wrong!

Didn't think United ever really wanted mourinho but guess after LVG they just need to start winning and forget this romanticism about building for the future with Giggs and a youthful team. Get the best manager in the world and throw money at it - is the solution.

Can't wait for next season though.

In the end United felt they had no choice, but to bring in Mourinho.

They probably believed they could not gamble on Giggs at this stage.

Mourinho has always had an admiration for United and I will be interested to see if he is prepared to adjust his ways to accommodate what United would preferably like - attacking football and youth been given an opportunity.

It's a myth that Mourinho doesn't play attacking football. He adapts to each situation hence why in my view he is the best manager in the world.

Against stronger opposition or when he needs a result, that's when he gets defensive or parks the bus and that's all people tend to remember.

He has shown at Chelsea and Real that his sides can be high scoring sides. Real hold the record for most league goals in a season under him.

I don't think it is his default position to be an attack first manager, but he will encourage it where he feels it's appropriate.

Definitely going to be 'fun' having Jose and Pep in the same city.