What Song Have You Heard Today Thant’s Put A Smile on Your Face ?

Always liked this song, I saw these guys perform in a small leisure centre back in 94 and they were awesome, I got ‘dragged’ along by a gf at the time but I secretly had a great time. I didn’t tell her that though lol
Definitely one of my faves love dancing round singing Sha la, la, la, la, la, la, la
Yeah, Uh huh 😆
they are really good live though! 👌
And lol you men are bloody funny sometimes 😂😂😂

Definitely one of my faves love dancing round singing Sha la, la, la, la, la, la, la
Yeah, Uh huh 😆
they are really good live though! 👌
And lol you men are bloody funny sometimes 😂😂😂
If I remember I used it as a bargaining tool to get a BJ lol
i was 14 / 15 at the time and so horny I would have shagged a bag of soot given half a chance so there was no way I was going to spoil that by telling her I’d had a great time haha

Yesss now 🙂 I don't know many people that actually remember this band!
Yeah I know, throwing copper was huge in America but never really caught on over here, I thought they were great, I never caught them live but their MTV unplugged show is up there with some of the best if you haven’t seen it
There were so many great bands about at the time though so it was kinda hard to keep up, most people were still stuck on the grunge scene and Live never fitted into that
Great band though - Lilly, you have taste 😉

Yeah I know, throwing copper was huge in America but never really caught on over here, I thought they were great, I never caught them live but their MTV unplugged show is up there with some of the best if you haven’t seen it
There were so many great bands about at the time though so it was kinda hard to keep up, most people were still stuck on the grunge scene and Live never fitted into that
Great band though - Lilly, you have taste 😉
Yeah they definitely got lost amongst the scene unfortunately 🙁 it was my boyfriend at the time when I was sweet 16 that first introduced me to them! I've never seen live - live either lol and can't believe I've also not seen their MTV unplugged that's so not like me 😱 lol will certainly be Checking that out 👍
And why thank you kind sir! :hi:
😘

Literally one of the only songs that is 💯 on par with a cover version.. There's no single one of these songs that is any better quality than the other in my eyes.. Different yeah by all means but neither is best both are banging! 🙌
Totally agree, the Eurythmics version is more robotic and Manson (of course) does it in a more sinister fashion, either way I think It shows that a great song is a great song no matter what

What a brilliant performance.

I've always avoided that song, because of its association with you know who's early recording of it, its banal lyric and its lack of harmonic interest.

Hearing that has made me reassess the song somewhat.
I don't think the lyrics are banal at all (and I love anything Streisand) - here is another fantastic version

I am continually stunned by Bob Dylan’s work, I have listened to him pretty much daily for 25 years and I always find something new to fall in love with, of all the music I listen to (and I listen to a lot) nothing comes close to Bob in my eyes

anyway, even songs about Bob are awesome

I think Benny Hill may have been trying to sound like Bob Dylan in this song, although the last verse is perhaps closer to channeling Barry McGuire:

Now the button was pressed, the world destroyed
Leaving just one solitary man,
And at the top of the Empire State Building
His lonely existence began,
But his loneliness was too much so he jumped
And he fell like a bird with one wing,
And as he passed the seventh floor,
He heard the telephone ring.

Sucker love is heaven sent
You pucker up our passion's spent
My heart's a tart your body's rent
My body's broken, yours is spent

Farewell the ashtray girl
Angelic fruitcake
Beware this troubled world
Control your intake

Baby, did you forget to take your meds?

I saw these guys in a tiny pub in Bristol way back before their first album was released, Brian was in the crowd with us watching the headline band and was a really cool guy, even gave me and my mates a few cigs. Still got my signed ticket somewhere

Last edited:
I saw these guys in a tiny pub in Bristol way back before their first album was released, Brian was in the crowd with us watching the headline band and was a really cool guy, even gave me and my mates a few cigs. Still got my signed ticket somewhere

Omg that's amazing!!! Lucky you 😆 always love hearing when people are cool and down to earth. I've seen them live a fair few times in their height and they were always brilliant 👌