What Song Have You Heard Today Thant’s Put A Smile on Your Face ?

KISS - I Love It Loud.

I'm no fan of Kiss, far too 'poppy' for a rock band, but this track makes me sing along.

i never understood the adulation Kiss got either, they always seemed like a gimmick / novelty band to me.
i did see them a few years ago at download festival though and I gotta say they were great, the sun was shining, the beer and smokes were flowing and girls were flashing boobs left, right and centre.
Large gang of friends all drunk, sunburnt, happy and slurring their way through Lick it up, Strutter, Calling Dr. love etc., since then I’ve always had a soft spot for them

Last edited:
People criticise Quo and AC/DC For being three chord bands but this is only one chord and it fucking rocks ! It also includes the line ‘I’m Buddy Rich when I fly off the handle‘ and that’s gotta be a good thing
Kinda frustrating that they are mainly remembered for a kinda novelty song in ‘fight for your right to party‘ as they are so much more

Top song, love The Beasties.

Totally agree that more chords does not necessarily mean better music. Perhaps my favourite song ever is When the Levee Breaks by LZ which is essentially in one chord except for the one occasionally repeating riff. But the production is INCREDIBLY complex. Drenched in guitar overlays. phasing, backwards harmonica and backwards echo.

And of course Bonhams beyond awesome drumming replete with Page's compression and echo effects. No wonder it's the most sampled drum beat in music history.

Somewhere In Time - John Barry. The title theme to the film of the same name. If you can find the film and you don't mind pretending you have something in your eye at the end it is recommended. A time travel romance with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour.

Top song, love The Beasties.

Totally agree that more chords does not necessarily mean better music. Perhaps my favourite song ever is When the Levee Breaks by LZ which is essentially in one chord except for the one occasionally repeating riff. But the production is INCREDIBLY complex. Drenched in guitar overlays. phasing, backwards harmonica and backwards echo.

And of course Bonhams beyond awesome drumming replete with Page's compression and echo effects. No wonder it's the most sampled drum beat in music history.

Incredible song, it’s unbelievable how they take that one simple riff and just expand upon it, it never gets tired or boring and you don’t even realise how essentially repetitive it is as it stays fresh,exciting and interesting all the way through, for over 7 minutes !
Truly a majestic band, at the height of their powers