What Are You Watching ?

Programme called British history's biggest fibs presented by Lucy Worsley (:wacko:) which is one of a series the other episodes of which I will see later.

This episode was a reappraisal of Richard III which I was glad to see as since visiting Bosworth Field a few months ago I have felt that he was a wronged man.

The histories of the time were written by men who had to keep on the right side of the Tudor rulers, and they thus spread claims about Richard that he was a tyrant who committed foul deeds such as the murder of the princes in the tower (their fate has never been proven, but Richard is no more likely than any of the other suspects-including the Tudors- to have done it).

What everyone has to admit is that Richard was a brave man and the whole reason he died was that he was leading the charge to deliver his realm from the usurper, Henry Tudor.

Unfortunately he was then maligned by men including William Shakespeare, who wrote when Henry Tudor's granddaughter was on the throne. He knew which side his bread was buttered on, which doesn't make his 'history' accurate.

I have not been to Leicester but I have enjoyed this programme and look forward to further episodes with the history milf.

Last edited:
Southern Rock at The BBC. Tonight BBC4. Essential viewing if ever there was.

Archive performances by classic Southern rock acts on shows including The Old Grey Whistle Test, In Concert and Wogan. Featuring Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Charlie Daniels Band, the Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Delaney & Bonnie with Eric Clapton, Dickey Betts, formerly of the Allman Brothers Band, the Marshall Tucker Band, Black Oak Arkansas, Greg Allman with Cher, and Edgar Winter.

Southern Rock at The BBC. Tonight BBC4. Essential viewing if ever there was.

Archive performances by classic Southern rock acts on shows including The Old Grey Whistle Test, In Concert and Wogan. Featuring Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Charlie Daniels Band, the Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Delaney & Bonnie with Eric Clapton, Dickey Betts, formerly of the Allman Brothers Band, the Marshall Tucker Band, Black Oak Arkansas, Greg Allman with Cher, and Edgar Winter.
Haven’t heard of a few of those so this will definitely be one for the sky+

Not watching, but listening to the podcast Radio Rental, which is about creepy true stories told by real people. Rainn Wilson does the interim stuff playing a Creepshow-esque video store character introducing each story. I'm really enjoying it.

I'm intrigued sometimes what Youtube puts on my feed - don't think I've ever searched for any of this - enjoyed watching it though
Remote Kontrol - I like the backing track on this, apparently it is Rewind by Emma Hewitt

Just starting Wisting. There are so many of these Nordic Noir murder mystery shows that I think it's become a bit of a trope, but the language is so beautiful to listen to. Also, there are plenty of my fellow pasty people in it, which makes me think maybe my pallor is due to my great grandparents being Nordic. 🤔

Just starting Wisting. There are so many of these Nordic Noir murder mystery shows that I think it's become a bit of a trope, but the language is so beautiful to listen to. Also, there are plenty of my fellow pasty people in it, which makes me think maybe my pallor is due to my great grandparents being Nordic. 🤔
I thought it was OK, but I was a bit annoyed it was yet another crime series that focused on unpleasant things being done to young women.

Completely different weather-wise, I watched the season 2 finale of My Brilliant Friend last night. Set in 1950s-60s Naples, it's so far been so good at looking at the complexities of female friendship in depth, which is very unusual for a TV series. Long wait for season 3 though!

I thought it was OK, but I was a bit annoyed it was yet another crime series that focused on unpleasant things being done to young women.

Completely different weather-wise, I watched the season 2 finale of My Brilliant Friend last night. Set in 1950s-60s Naples, it's so far been so good at looking at the complexities of female friendship in depth, which is very unusual for a TV series. Long wait for season 3 though!
Yeah that's a very tedious, well worn theme, but at least for a change they're not prostitutes with 'risky lifestyles.' 🙄 I'm guessing the Line character is going to end up being kidnapped.

Good morning,

I appreciate not happy viewing, however I'm currently watching short yet potent documentaries detailing the lives of children such as,Maria Colwell, Jasmine Beckford,Victoria Climbe, Peter Connolly, and Daniel Pelka.
A weekend of work and study.

Last edited:
Been watching Almost Human on Netflix .. into season 2 .. okay I'm not that hip but I'm enjoying it .. didn't think that series 1 episode 1 was particularly but the rest have been great funny and poignant time after time .. really warmed to it .... as I'm new to Netflix and stumbled onto it .. any similar series I should watch?

Good evening

I'm currently watching hunter perpetrators child predator stings before my lecture.
Child protection and Domestic Abuse against partners a major aspect of my Academic and Professional vibes, I know what will sort these folks out but it's politically incorrect to say.
Ahh okay then...
*Capital punishment*
For instance,intervention such as talking therapy (CBT) has very low success in terms of recidivism rates, they can't change(Forensic Psychologists are struggling to create programs which protect children/women and prevent mainly men from abusing them, there are many women abusers which society still find difficult to accept so not represented in research) many do not wish too,regarding the pharmaceutical intervention (medical cosh)it is all the same issue,it all starts in the brain, cognitive distortions, unless we prevent the brain to function there will always be a risk.
Very troubling yet enlightening examples as to how perpetrators of violence against women and children in particular(statistical extremely high regarding survivor groups)in terms of statistical violence,under the guise of that nice guy.
A very taboo topic where many turn a blind eye, unfortunately.

Last edited:
The last two episodes of I May Destroy You. There's been a couple of episodes that haven't hit for me, and a lot of characters I really disliked. I think that much of that was deliberate though with the characters? 🤔 I'll likely rewatch it all to see if I feel differently, because sometimes things go over my head if I'm not paying attention or in the right mood. 😬 These last two eps were really good though. It's reminded me of something important - people who are powerless to change the truth and/or hurt you, will try everything they can to grab back that power, if you let them.

The last two episodes of I May Destroy You. There's been a couple of episodes that haven't hit for me, and a lot of characters I really disliked. I think that much of that was deliberate though with the characters? 🤔 I'll likely rewatch it all to see if I feel differently, because sometimes things go over my head if I'm not paying attention or in the right mood. 😬 These last two eps were really good though. It's reminded me of something important - people who are powerless to change the truth and/or hurt you, will try everything they can to grab back that power, if you let them.
Yes, I felt a bit ambiguous about it. I think it would have benefited from stronger editing. But still good, and also different/interesting.

Programme called world's most scenic railways (channel 5), this episode about the Embra to Inverness line.
I have done this journey 4 times and this year will be the fifth, though this time without my friends in Glen Affric :(
Still it's a fine journey that I was glad to be reminded of and look forward to doing it many more times to come.

Programme called once upon a time in Iraq, a 5 part series of which I watched the first episode today.
This was about the runup to the illegal war in Iraq and the invasion.
Like the art of persia which I watched last month, it busts apart the idea the myth that the middle east is some alien land full of mysterious foreigners who hate us.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...-iraq-review-a-gripping-harrowing-masterpiece

Greatly look forward to the other episodes :thumbsup:

Catching A Killer: A Bullet Through the Window.
Is it any good, keeps coming up on almost permanent repeat on my planner but never got round to it ?

I've had rather a sporty evening, first days play of third Windies test, rerun of England v Wales 2003 rugby world cup, then 2 hours of Bellator from Dec 2019 in Tokyo.

I'm worn out now :D

Is it any good, keeps coming up on almost permanent repeat on my planner but never got round to it ?

I've had rather a sporty evening, first days play of third Windies test, rerun of England v Wales 2003 rugby world cup, then 2 hours of Bellator from Dec 2019 in Tokyo.

I'm worn out now :D
It wasn't as compelling as the previous installments - as horrid as that sounds.