What Are You Watching ?

Still enjoying Penny Dreadful and I see there's a spin off series Penny Dreadful: City Of Angels just started on NOW TV which looks promising.
Just finished Penny Dreadful, cracking TV programme. Especially as it was brought to a proper conclusion. Can see why Rory Kinnear won an award for his performance as Frankenstein's monster.

Just finished Penny Dreadful, cracking TV programme. Especially as it was brought to a proper conclusion. Can see why Rory Kinnear won an award for his performance as Frankenstein's monster.
The whole cast is excellent. Timothy Dalton has even redeemed himself after being such a feeble Bond :)

Classic episodes of Only Fools & Horses.

Danger UXD

The Unlucky Winner is...

Jolly Boys Outing

Fantastic stuff. Where is the equivalent now ?

Live cricket from Sweden Freesports Sky 422.............the sub continent transposed...........and a bit of club cricket
building up to the Test later this week.................

Beastie Boys documentary on Apple TV. Really fun, fascinating and emotional at times.

It takes the form of Mike D and Ad Rock being on stage in a theatre in front of an audience, commentating on their lives against various footage being shown.

Fascinating to see three white kids from New York be such a huge influence on predominantly black music. The ultimate cool / not cool piss takers, with awesome bass lines and prophetic lyrics. Pushed the boundaries of various genres from punk, rock, hip hop, rap jazz.

And all from three geeky kids who basically turned into middle aged Dads on the school run - albeit incredibly sad that MCA died so young from cancer.

Also not surprising to see the British gutter press do what they do best and spread lies and shit about them before their UK tour, winding up people and indirectly leading to the riot at their show in Liverpool.

Beastie Boys documentary on Apple TV. Really fun, fascinating and emotional at times.

It takes the form of Mike D and Ad Rock being on stage in a theatre in front of an audience, commentating on their lives against various footage being shown.

Fascinating to see three white kids from New York be such a huge influence on predominantly black music. The ultimate cool / not cool piss takers, with awesome bass lines and prophetic lyrics. Pushed the boundaries of various genres from punk, rock, hip hop, rap jazz.

And all from three geeky kids who basically turned into middle aged Dads on the school run - albeit incredibly sad that MCA died so young from cancer.

Also not surprising to see the British gutter press do what they do best and spread lies and shit about them before their UK tour, winding up people and indirectly leading to the riot at their show in Liverpool.
The documentary sounds really good. I will have to try and find it. Love The Beasties. Licensed to Ill and Check Your Head are high in my all time albums list.

London's Best Fish and Chips? - this has pissed me off.

1. I think if you are going to fuck around with the ingredients it ain't fish and chips.
2. I've been to Poppie's in Camden and Spitalfields and imo it is well overrated (and expensive) - the chips are crap.
3. For the last one - Dover Sole is a lovely fish but unbattered and grilled rather than fried just ain't fish and chips, also £32 quid in 2017 is just a ludicrous price.

My vote for the best 3 in London:
Olly's opposite Brockwell Park.
Fishcotheque in Waterloo.
Golden Chippy in Greenwich.

Also Large Cod and Chips should be around £10 in London.

How much is fish and chips in your neck of the woods?

Also any Londoners chip in with any suggestions.....

Death in Paradise .... early ones on Netflix which never seen. Very formulaic so can get bit repetitive after a few episodes but strangely addictive as you try guess before end who did it ... rarely seem to get it right.

Death in Paradise .... early ones on Netflix which never seen. Very formulaic so can get bit repetitive after a few episodes but strangely addictive as you try guess before end who did it ... rarely seem to get it right.
It`s spot the cameo game ........................stars always asking agents to get them in the show....free hols in Guadaloup.

It`s spot the cameo game ........................stars always asking agents to get them in the show....free hols in Guadaloup.
one I just saw had John Thomson (Fast Show/Cold Feet) in it .... spotted others

believe main cast get 6month stint there each series ... nice work if you get it.

Just turned to watch the test match...................................last session.
England 30 for 5 in last 75 balls
Not watched much up to now.............
New name Jonah.
Good WI bowling though rather than poor batting.............maybe
we will see when the WI get in

Last edited:
Just starting episode 6 of the luminaries, bbc , I’m a bit confused, but it may be age and the lockdown Effect ?
I started watching this a week last Saturday, finished last episode last night.-Assuming you mean the jumping around, flash backs it can be confusing but I was able to run with it absolutely fine.

Luminaries for me contained quite a few interesting points, stimulated quite a few eureka moments.

First was the amount of strong alcohol being consumed, drugs and intoxication scenes had me recognising and definitely not wanting to be like that.

The strong prostitution theme was also provoking, particularly the scene in which she reflects that the men paying for her want her to absorb their unhappiness - or be as miserable as they are. Made me wonder about some of the attitudes I encounter.

So some deep stuff there definitely had an impact final conclusion I found very poor, wooden, rushed and in some ways just 'wrong', although I did like the 'if you had just asked instead of playing games' message right at the end. Getting the courage to ask or say something, can be easier long term than beating around the bush.

I started watching this a week last Saturday, finished last episode last night.-Assuming you mean the jumping around, flash backs it can be confusing but I was able to run with it absolutely fine.

Luminaries for me contained quite a few interesting points, stimulated quite a few eureka moments.

First was the amount of strong alcohol being consumed, drugs and intoxication scenes had me recognising and definitely not wanting to be like that.

The strong prostitution theme was also provoking, particularly the scene in which she reflects that the men paying for her want her to absorb their unhappiness - or be as miserable as they are. Made me wonder about some of the attitudes I encounter.

So some deep stuff there definitely had an impact final conclusion I found very poor, wooden, rushed and in some ways just 'wrong', although I did like the 'if you had just asked instead of playing games' message right at the end. Getting the courage to ask or say something, can be easier long term than beating around the bush.
Yes, it was the flash back thing and I was Probably not concentrating on it as I should have been , so kept getting caught out by these things and not realising where I was in the story line, but got there in the end , started watching penny dreadful, city of angels last night ( as the football was :unknown: so thought best watch this on m o t d, highlight s much better to watch at the moment ) nodded off during 2nd episode, so will have to re watch , hard work this t v shit !