R.I.P. thread

See that Cuban singer Margarita Pracatan, best known for her appearances on Clive James' TV show, died on Tuesday at the age of 89.... a really talented singer!!!! .. but above all an entertainer....

for the younger members .. here she is with Tom Jones on the Clive James show .. it's not unusual!!! ..she was

just saw this too, she was a scream on the Clive James show. Sad but she did live to a good age.

I'm not surprised.

Many of the early American R&B numbers were copies or adaptations of blues numbers from greats like Willie Dixon. In the early 60s I was lucky enough to see several of these original old blues artists perform live at an "American Negro Blues Festival" event at Fairfield Hall Croydon (don't blame me for the un-PC event title).:D
I guess then it wasny unpc.?.....things an attitudes change normality but they canny rewrite history.........?

I guess then it wasny unpc.?.....things an attitudes change normality but they canny rewrite history.........?
It certainly didn't seem problematic at the time.

There was much more interest in black American blues artists in the UK than there was back in the States. British bands listened, adapted and played their music and John Peel got it onto mainstream radio whereas a lot of it got ghettoised onto black music stations in the States.

RIP Maestro.

He was a genius - being able to score something like this

I've seen that Lee Van Cleef character somewhere else on another forum but cant quite recall where.;)

RIP Morricone the master.

I'm not really a film buff but the scene in The Good The Bad And The Ugly where Eli Wallach is running round the graveyard looking for Arch Stanton 's grave to the sound of Morricone's 'Ecstasy Of Gold' is utter cinematic perfection.

I've seen that Lee Van Cleef character somewhere else on another forum but cant quite recall where.;)

I'm not really a film buff but the scene in The Good The Bad And The Ugly where Eli Wallach is running round the graveyard looking for Arch Stanton 's grave to the sound of Morricone's 'Ecstasy Of Gold' is utter cinematic perfection.
This is well worth a watch IMO

Absolutely this. I was going to post that same thing. The score for the graveyard scene was genius. Impossible to imagine that, or the two that were before it, as being the experience they were without that score.

Just hearing of the death of Jackie Charlton ... another of the 1966 world cup winning team and manager of Ireland ... an effective and brave player and icon of English football ... spoke his mind!
Just saw that on the news.

He certainly did speak his mind.
I saw him at one of his ‘an evening with’ type of events.
One chap took him to task about refusing to sign an autograph once in the past.
When Jack, with a bemused look on his face, asked when this was the reply lit the blue touch paper, ‘at Bobby Moore’s funeral.’
Needless to say Jack’s (and the audience too) response was not for family viewing.

I chatted to him later when getting a book signed, lovely man, down to earth, liked a pint, cigar and a day trout fishing.

A sad day for the sporting world

Proud to say I saw him play live a number of times in the 70’s for Leeds Utd v Cardiff in a couple of f a cup games and for England v wales, as I did George best and Bobby Moore for there country’s and Fulham , but best and Moore apart Jackie charlton was a mountain of a man for a young me to see play live and left a life long memory of seeing him play and getting ( Got all there Autographs ) his autograph as a younger teen And oh boy did jack seem never endingly tall. A giant in the sport and a gentleman with us kids out side waiting for hours . R I P .

I was always a fan of the early ‘blues’ FM and when they hit it big with Rumours some of my friends raved about this ‘new’ band!!

Mick Fleetwood organised a tribute concert that was filmed and was about to go into cinemas before CV19 struck. Snippets have appeared as previews and I was amazed at the musicians who paid their dues to Greenie.

Got to see him just once when he made his ‘comeback.’ He had Cozy Powell on drums, who had been vital in getting him back to live work.

A legend, influencer, and a musician’s musician

I was always a fan of the early ‘blues’ FM and when they hit it big with Rumours some of my friends raved about this ‘new’ band!!

Mick Fleetwood organised a tribute concert that was filmed and was about to go into cinemas before CV19 struck. Snippets have appeared as previews and I was amazed at the musicians who paid their dues to Greenie.

Got to see him just once when he made his ‘comeback.’ He had Cozy Powell on drums, who had been vital in getting him back to live work.

A legend, influencer, and a musician’s musician
I too saw him live after he emerged out of his hibernation. An incredible musician and a huge influence on many artists. A sad day and I’ll be digging out my Fleetwood Mac and John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers songs.

I’ve never listened to much Fleetwood Mac but the few snippets I’ve heard on the news sounded interesting, where is the best place to start ? I know rumours is the famous one but do you guys recommend any others ?

I’ve never listened to much Fleetwood Mac but the few snippets I’ve heard on the news sounded interesting, where is the best place to start ? I know rumours is the famous one but do you guys recommend any others ?
You’ve almost got 2 different bands. The original blues Fleetwood Mac led by Green and the later sound with Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks.

As noted Fleetwood Mac were almost 2 different bands - certainly very different music

Although Peter Green really WAS the original band (songwriter, lead guitarist and vocalist) he didnt want the band named after him so unselfishly formed the name from 2 of his bandmates Then he became a bit of a recluse after a bad drug experience but started performing again several years later

I'd say this is a good place to start:

Although Peter Green really WAS the original band (songwriter, lead guitarist and vocalist) he didnt want the band named after him so unselfishly formed the name from 2 of his bandmates
I thought he'd named the band in order to tempt Mick Fleetwood and John McVie to join him in it. McVie was initially reluctant to leave John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, so Bob Brunning became their original bass player and then bowed out when McVie eventually agreed to join. </MusicGeek mode off>

As others have said a sad day with the passing of Peter Green, much preferred the early stuff when Jeremy Spencer was in the band, Green wrote some absolute classics. I recorded the Sky doc called Man of the World yonks ago and watch it at least once a month, probs do so later.

Go well Peter or perhaps that should be Oh well. Another link to my childhood gone :hi:

I too saw him live after he emerged out of his hibernation. An incredible musician and a huge influence on many artists. A sad day and I’ll be digging out my Fleetwood Mac and John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers songs.
I was aware of Mayall's Bluesbreakers in the late 60s but at the time I wasn't into them. Recently did some research...what a plethora of talent passed through that band. In 1968 Mick Taylor ( Stones) and Andy Fraser (Free) enjoyed short residences, Fraser a prodigious talent aged 15 at the time!