Punting poker face

Had a first class meet yesterday which had me smiling like a cheshire cat for a long while after.
At 6.00pm I walk through the front door and put what I call my punting poker face on, which means no sudden outbreaks of stupid grins, no faraway looks while day dreaming and having the nothing happened at work conversation.
Question is how many of you have let the poker face slip and been asked why you have a stupid grin on your face?

The very idea of me being a punter is so incredibly off the scale compared to how I am viewed in civvie life that it is no problem.
I could come in grinning ear to ear and still would not be suspected. They would think I had just found a pub selling draft Doombar :lol:

I am careful, never take it for granted but it is quite unbelievable.

J

jonboy

The very idea of me being a punter is so incredibly off the scale compared to how I am viewed in civvie life that it is no problem.
I could come in grinning ear to ear and still would not be suspected. They would think I had just found a pub selling draft Doombar :lol:

I am careful, never take it for granted but it is quite unbelievable.
Likewise, most people I know would be surprised I knew what some of the things I've done are, let alone that I've been enjoying them for years...

My only real danger is using punter terminology.
I said 'fluffy' on facebook the other day and quickly edited it out. :dash:

Fortunately we have a fluffy cat.

I naturally smile quite a lot anyway and the OH wouldn't think it was unusual but I too had a big shit-eating grin on my face most of yesterday evening. Had to knock one out later as my wank bank was full to bursting. Good times!

By the way, where does that expression 'shit-eating grin' come from (the words, not the grin I mean)?

Last edited: