Punctuality

How soon before a meeting is it OK for a punter to announce their arrival?

• Must be on the time

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Up to 5 minutes

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Up to 10 minutes

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Up to 15 minutes

• It doesn't matter

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I suppose it is the way I was raised, but I dislike being late for any appointment and am not impressed by anyone who is.

As a consequence, I will arrive in the general area of a meeting with plenty of time to spare and wait until the appointed time before calling for the exact location details.

I voted 5 mins but if they let me know they are there as soon as they arrive it's fine as I can just let them know if O can be ready early or not, 5 mins is the preferred though even bang on the time is fine, I only getiffed if they are late and don't bother to let me know

I voted 5 minutes but really don't mind. Some guys however will announce early arrival, then try and push to see you earlier.

Sometimes this is possible, but shouldn't be expected. Answering texts back and forth asking to come in early can also interfere with getting ready, so that can be a double edged sword.

Up to 15 mins as sometimes I'm ready early.
Although once had a client announce his arrival 45 mins early, I wondered if he was watching to see any punters leaving? He kept texting asking if I was ready and that he didn't mind if I let him in while I was getting ready, very stressful!

I prefer if they are 5-10 mins early as I'm always ready early and I don't like if they are late without letting me know. If he's a new guy its possible to be a no show as well and that I don't like at all :dash:

J

johnnyboy61

I like to arrive ten minutes or so early and then announce my arrival by a text that also says there's no rush, just let me know when you're ready; I'm happy to sit it out until the arranged time, but often get a reply to come straightaway.

I suppose it is the way I was raised, but I dislike being late for any appointment and am not impressed by anyone who is.

As a consequence, I will arrive in the general area of a meeting with plenty of time to spare and wait until the appointed time before calling for the exact location details.

I do the same to allow for traffic and park up away from the WGs premises usually. I will often call or text to say I am in the area at that stage, if the WG doesn't reply no problem as she might be punting with another punter, but sometimes the WG answers and says come straight in. If I get no answer I contact her back 10 minutes or so before the agreed booking time. I do NOT like punts starting late, its not a good sign in my experience though I appreciate there may be a good reason.

For ME punts starting on time as agreed is very important, I may have time restraints though I allow leeway, the WG wont know that though. I am OCD about time, it REALLY matters to me to be on time and others to be.

Last edited:
I voted 5 minutes but really don't mind. Some guys however will announce early arrival, then try and push to see you earlier.

Sometimes this is possible, but shouldn't be expected. Answering texts back and forth asking to come in early can also interfere with getting ready, so that can be a double edged sword.
Indeed, I never push a WG to see me earlier, its always her saying come straight in.

Always text the day before to confirm then ten minutes before booking time

Never been late yet
I always call before I leave my place or from wherever I am to get confirmation the punt is definitely still on, when I haven't done this I have had problems sometimes. I wouldn't leave for the WGs without getting that as that's the best I can do, this also includes regulars. Just shows as ever that punters do things differently.

I voted 10 minutes as I'm always ready and just reading so it doesn't put me out at all
I would also prefer 15minutes early to 15 minutes late as I'm quite anal about tardiness and am never late for anything
Yeah me too actually. I prefer to be an hour early than 5 mins late for any appt of any nature

I don't mind a guy been bit early or late but a quick call to mention going to be doesn't hurt anyone, especially if they have requested something like watersports as let's face it, it's dangerous to hold it for too long.

Interesting to see the replies to this - I always arrive in the area early and hang around until 5 mins before texting or calling to say I've arrived. Next time I might let her know 10 or 15 mins before but mention I know I'm early so no rush.

J

jonboy

Yeah me too actually. I prefer to be an hour early than 5 mins late for any appt of any nature
+1 I've been known to be more than 30 minutes early, but then I'll make sure I know where I've got to get to and then go for a walk and aim to get back 5 minutes before time, never considered contacting a lady more than 5 minutes before the agreed time

I'm not usually ready until 5-10m before the booking, so someone really early would throw me a bit and probably have to wait a few minutes in their car.

+1 I've been known to be more than 30 minutes early, but then I'll make sure I know where I've got to get to and then go for a walk and aim to get back 5 minutes before time, never considered contacting a lady more than 5 minutes before the agreed time
I have had a couple of clients come knock on the door 25 minutes early. Both I knew to be highly nervous regards discretion, and anonymity yet both behaved without thought.

My MO is to arrive about 15 mins early as I usually allow for traffic. I text once parked to let her know I'm around, but always tell them not to rush on my account. Most are happy to start if they're ready. A couple of regs know my habits and usually text to say an early arrival is fine. I, like many hate, being late and I don't like people being late. My Mrs is always on time for everything, except when meeting me!

tcm

Sometimes I have to travel a couple of hours if I'm making a visit to a popular girl so I set of in plenty of time to allow for traffic etc. This sometimes means I'm about 30 minutes early but I''ll generally wait until 15 minutes before and then text a "Ready when you are" message.

Remember arranging a meet for around 10pm after conclusion of a work's conference.

This then finished much sooner than I had anticipated and had to wait around two hours for the meet.

When I saw the WG and told her she said I should have called her because she had been feeling really horny and would have loved to have seen me earlier :dash:

I would never text any earlier than maybe 10 minutes beforehand.

Normally rollup about 10 mins before booking and text/call 6mins before.
The Girl knows Iam due so should be able to return within a couple of mins....most do.

I always try to ensure I am on time although London traffic can be a nightmare...
If I arrive early I will let them know I am in the area.. often leads to them asking me in early if they are available. I don't expect a reply but I will the text them 5 mins before.
I always let them know if I am going to be late. It is just the right thing to do.

J

johnnyboy61

Recently the traffic in the middle of Birmingham was a nightmare and I was jammed solid in the Queensway tunnels on the A38 on my way to an appointment with a girl. I kept her informed, but just accepted that the meet would probably be cut short (I would have paid the full fee however). She suggested that she would call her next client to see if he could come half an hour later, which she duly did. What a sweetie!

I always leave enough time for traffic so I might arrive 15 or 20 mins early. If so I will park up away from the venue and text no earlier than 10 mins before agreed time to let the girl know I'm there and she can let me know when she's ready. If it's later than 5 mins after the start before I hear from her, then I tend to start getting a bit annoyed.