Premier League football prediction league

Nope, you’ll just have some ground to make up
Feel free to join, there are also monthly mini tables against everyone else on the site - and the table also gives you the option of being filtered by points per game predicted so you can compare yourself in a more realistic way early on

If anyone hasnt noticed yet, If you pick unlikely scores you pick up alot of bonus points
yes I thought I was doing quite well with predicting the scores rather than the precise result .. suddenly I find a "goal difference" of -17 ... if that is what GD means
.. but is it a strange formulation .. as you say @Tyrion bonus points all over the place to pick up .. wish I could

yes I thought I was doing quite well with predicting the scores rather than the precise result .. suddenly I find a "goal difference" of -17 ... if that is what GD means
.. but is it a strange formulation .. as you say @Tyrion bonus points all over the place to pick up .. wish I could
I thought I had it sussed on week 1, but that wasnt the case lol

Yes, the goal difference side of things on that table is a bit ridiculous (guessing 1-0 in a game that is 3-2 is surprisingly bad for your goal difference for example because the number of goals scored seems more important than the actual number of goals your team wins by) but the bonus points for a correct score that hardly anyone else gets sort of makes sense in its own way

A lucky bonus of @SamLP finding the prediction website is that we haven't lost our league and can carry on as before
https://premierleague.predictthefootball.com

(A disadvantage looking at my position is that we haven't lost our league and so we have to carry on as before)

The top 5 people after 4 weeks were

@Tyrion 40
Lawro 37
@C-K 35
@northeastjohnnie 34
Dboy74 32

Our league is here https://premierleague.predictthefootball.com/minileague/overall/11956/2019
Yep I did wonder if people would still make their predictions. There is a chat room function there too, but no one has posted on it. However, with the site back, we can no longer wonder, although not everyone has signed back up to here so they can’t be tagged to remind them to make their predictions.

I’m doing really badly atm. Gotta start catching up.

I’ve also found out I could have excluded bonus points, added my own bonus points, for example top scorer, and even split the league in two.

I’ve also found out I could have excluded bonus points, added my own bonus points, for example top scorer, and even split the league in two.
Can you retrospectively remove the bonus points? They are confusing (and i don't get many). But there is always next year...

Splitting in 2 seems weird - would that be monthly promotion/relegation?

Cheers, just did mine for this week. I started well but since then have gone down to 19th lol. Need a big week.
You are 17th, but there are 27 members now with the new joiners - so not even in the bottom ten!

The league table annoyingly defaults to the monthly table rather that the season lo g table

Damn blast and bollocks, missed the first game for today. Hey ho, least I know, when I am bottom of the rankings, would be due to not predicting half the season and not because I am shit at it:D
it tells you how many games you predicted - and you can set the table as points per game to make you feel better.

The other trick is to get into the top 5 and i will tag you ?

it tells you how many games you predicted - and you can set the table as points per game to make you feel better.

The other trick is to get into the top 5 and i will tag you ?
oh favouritism eh, only tagging the top 5!, well one day you might have to tag me..... and if you do i shall gloat:P

oh favouritism eh, only tagging the top 5!, well one day you might have to tag me..... and if you do i shall gloat:P
The ptoblem is, this season, that we cannot see who has not predicted until after the first game finishes - so cannot just warn the missing people.
Someone said last season that if you tag more than 5 people that the tagging might not work, so i try to limit it

The ptoblem is, this season, that we cannot see who has not predicted until after the first game finishes - so cannot just warn the missing people.
Someone said last season that if you tag more than 5 people that the tagging might not work, so i try to limit it
Ahh cool. The thing is I did remind myself last night to do it. Woke this morning, got waylaid on here, then realised I had to dash out to an appointment, thinking I would be home in time and I failed !

Ahh cool. The thing is I did remind myself last night to do it. Woke this morning, got waylaid on here, then realised I had to dash out to an appointment, thinking I would be home in time and I failed !
Yes, i have done that myself a few times in the past.
Reminding others and thinking i will do mine on Saturday morning and then missing the early games

In fairness, I would of plumped for Liverpool, as you can see, who I picked, on that site, for my overall winnings of the Premiership, the score, dunno, does not seem fair to speculate on it now having known result :)

In fairness, I would of plumped for Liverpool, as you can see, who I picked, on that site, for my overall winnings of the Premiership, the score, dunno, does not seem fair to speculate on it now having known result :)
We cannot amend it anyway, i am not doing a whole season offering you one extra point.

Had it as 4-1 Liverpool... No too far off...
so did I but all we'll get is one point for the win ... and a minus for the GD column I'd guess ... needs to be the exact score to really get the points and if only a few have guessed that score you do very well with bonus points and the like
... but its never happened for me
... if you click on the little bar graph near the fixture it'll tell you what others ... the whole lot not just our league ... are going so there are some "rare" results...

so did I but all we'll get is one point for the win ... and a minus for the GD column I'd guess ... needs to be the exact score to really get the points and if only a few have guessed that score you do very well with bonus points and the like
... but its never happened for me
... if you click on the little bar graph near the fixture it'll tell you what others ... the whole lot not just our league ... are going so there are some "rare" results...
Cheers for that... :hi:

yes I've been disappointed a few times .... just a goal out ... but got the right result ... one day it'll be jackpot and everything will line up ... it does seem a little biased toward perfection.... near hits .. tough luck.
Clicking on the (?) does explain things a little.
My first week got a 5 pointer and I thought this is easy then been scratchy ever since.

Buts its a marathon not a sprint so the cliche goes :rolleyes: