Premature Christmas Preparers

Your confessions, please.

I bought my sister's present earlier in the week.
I lingered rather too long on some made for TV Christmas movie last weekend.

Obbo, this is a place for trivial crimes. If your decorations are up already I fear you may be beyond forgiveness.

When my kids were little I would have everything bought and wrapped by Septmeber.. Now I have not even thought about it yet and will have a mad online shop in the middle of next month

Christmas shopping... oh im a last minute shopper. I really take my time to decide then buy it all at once saves having to think about it ages before.

Christmas is Christmas and for me, shouldn't be extended or over done. I have bought a present, I wasn't looking, it was in a very unlikely place and literally jumped out at me.

My fave is a complete "Christmas Preparer" !
She has sent me pictures of her private home ( not her working flat ) of it already fully decorated for Christmas, and I have to say that she does it beautifully and tastefully :D.
However, as a rather "bah humbug" sort myself, I find that this being done half way through November is a bit OTT :(.

Just wait until she see's my Christmas card and present to her though ? :D:lol::yahoo:

I decided that this year I WON`T be caught out again, and rather than accumulate even more completely unsuitable/unwearable woolly jumpers, cardigans and fleeces, and hampers of inedible or indigestible `delicacies` (which always seem to contain at least one leaking jar of something very sticky which contaminates all the other contents), which all descend on me through the post just before Christmas from my extended and far-flung family, I have sent to all my nearest and dearest emails stipulating the things I DO NOT WANT for Christmas. There is still plenty of scope for sensible and enjoyable things, such as chocolates, single malt scotch, vintage port and Bollinger. It may be, of course, that they will all sulk and not buy me anything at all, in which case I will then simply stop payment on all the Christmas cheques I send out (far more sensible than buying things nobody wants) and buy the stuff myself.

Ebenezer Scrooge definitely had something

Last edited:
Your confessions, please.
I bought my sister's present earlier in the week.
I lingered rather too long on some made for TV Christmas movie last weekend.
Obbo, this is a place for trivial crimes. If your decorations are up already I fear you may be beyond forgiveness.
I am so bad: I cannot even wait until Xmas, especially if I purchased several nice presents for somebody and they need to be worn in this autumnal weather to 'enhance' their mood....... I decided to give the presents already saying 'this is an early Xmas present'. Of course more presents will come at Xmas.

Probably I do this because my parents were not keen on Xmas and I always had to fight and cry for a Xmas tree, every single year. Getting presents? In my dreams. They always said 'you get stuff all year round'.

What is wrong with showing people that you care about them with a card or just something small and simple? We only live once.