Lighting in the bedroom?

• Thread starter british-bombshell
  • Start date
B

british-bombshell

So I am wondering what lighting you prefer to use on a booking? As I can't have my blinds open I usually use my bedroom light it isn't really bright but not dim either, I am wondering would you prefer a bright light? Average lights? Candle light? Or a lamp? Xx

I have a south facing bedroom, bit of a mare on a super sunny day. I use a combination of lamps and candles although the lamps I have at the moment do not kick out much light so Im going to get an uplighter too. Cant be feeling around in the dark for the cocks and condoms

I like a good amount of lighting (don't have the greatest eyesight).

However, I think most WGs prefer sex with me in as dark a room as possible :)

B

british-bombshell

I like a good amount of lighting (don't have the greatest eyesight).

However, I think most WGs prefer sex with me in as dark a room as possible :)
Aww don't be daft bless you lol I'm sure that's not the case lol but from a gfe type of view I find candle light quite a dim light a lot sexier and relaxing but I can see why guys who book us would want good lighting all the same :) xxx

So I am wondering what lighting you prefer to use on a booking? As I can't have my blinds open I usually use my bedroom light it isn't really bright but not dim either, I am wondering would you prefer a bright light? Average lights? Candle light? Or a lamp? Xx
It needs to be bright enough so I can clearly see the female naked form in detail, its about as much of a turn for me otherwise as being slapped with a dead fish. Its been my experience those WGs who wanted it dark had something they didn't want me to see, bad stretch marks for example or sores. Obviously if a punter wants it dark that's up to him.

I have blinds that let in natural light but on miserable dark days I'll either put on both lamps both are 60watt or the ceiling light which is bright but dimmed as have 3light shades on it as couldn't find one I liked so made it out of three instead. I like to see who I am with and what I'm doing as well as what they are doing. darkness makes it feel too seedy for me

Most of the time I like the room to be well lit: it's damned sexy to see who you're fucking.

But please, not stark, hurts the eyes, hospital bright.

Sometimes it's nice to have a relaxed, sensual, dimly lit session. Maybe the sort that starts with a massage.

So I like it light, except when I like it dim. Sorry - maybe not the most helpful answer :rolleyes:

I am an incredibly visual person, all the senses tingle when you are with a beautiful woman but sight is by far the most overwhelming.
Then the other senses enhance the visual. I've seen girls in daylight right down to gloom and I definitely prefer a little daylight.

Of course the downside is that they can see you. :vomit:

If it's a daytime punt I like there to be daylight in the room, no making it artificially dark. but if it's a night time punt I like subdued lighting - bright enough to be able to see her obviously but not bright artificial light. Low lighting on a dark evening makes it all seem more naughty somehow ;)

I have a south facing bedroom, bit of a mare on a super sunny day. I use a combination of lamps and candles although the lamps I have at the moment do not kick out much light so Im going to get an uplighter too. Cant be feeling around in the dark for the cocks and condoms
If you are planning to get an uplighter it might be worth considering one with a variable light. They are not much more expensive but would allow you vary the lighting according to a punters wishes. Personally I like enough light to see exactly what is going on (I respond well to visual stimuli :P) but not too much that I feel like I'm in a spotlight at Colditz :D It would be nice to be able to offer whatever level of lighting each individual client prefers.

On a side note to any girls reading this that allow filming or pictures to be taken lighting is very very important! As a semi-pro photographer and keen videographer (not just rude stuff :D) bad lighting can make it near impossible to get any decent pics or video so it is worth keeping this in mind if a client has requested it. It may not be an obvious thought to anyone who doesn't do any film/photography so I thought it was worth mentioning. In one of my earliest bookings I had paid extra for filming/pics but the lighting was so low it would have been impossible. I mentioned this near the end of the booking and the girl was only too pleased to put all the lights on for me and I got some great pictures. I just wish I had opened my mouth sooner but 'new punter nerves' got the better of me. Ah well, you live and learn.

Reasonably bright light to start with, so I can remind myself of just how great her body looks scantily clad and then naked.
Lower light is OK for me after that and for the main events, and as she likes candle light, that's usually what we have for later in the session.

Depends where I set up my camera.

No I need light, as most men its the sight that gets the mind racing too. Not full bright but half light Id say.
I tend to take one of these to my punts now, makes it easier all round :wacko: but have to book 2 hour bookings for fitting and removal.

Last edited:
Anything but those halogen spotlights in the ceiling, unless they have a dimmer. Sandys has these and sometime you are staring straight up into a bright light.

Nice lighting? Guys, next thing you will be wanting fluffy towels like the weegie hard men on UKP! Not important to me but daylight is my preference, just don't put on the red light Roxanne (or Nadia). Romanians are unaware of the naffness of red bulbs and their use is surprisingly common among them.

My punts tend to be a game of 2 halves - 1st hr in the living room - reasonably bright light, either daylight or the main light on, followed by the second hr - change of pace/mood retiring to the bedroom for more comfort (or discomfort depending on the BDSM vibe :)) I have lower lighting in the bedroom generally plus often drape a red satin scarf over the main room light to give off a warmer light.

Ladies - just a word - candles might be "romantic" but for those of us that get warm / sweat you know like normal human beings - they are also a significant source of ambient heat!! If you use candles at least open some windows to get the temperature at a decent level.

I have loads of candles in my bedroom but they are purely for show for this very reason. :P

Hank - I'm with you re filming - on the rare occasion I have a girl over who allows it then it becomes much more important and dimmed lights of any sort become a no-no!

On a recent booking I spotted a potential answer to lighting issues at home, which has lead me to make a purchase.

Since doing more outcalls I've noticed a number of men prefer lights off. For several reasons I'm not terribly comfortable with that.

It depends on the time of the day. Daytime punts tend to be quite bright. My preference is a longer evening punt after work. Part of that means I am relaxing as well so like subdued lighting.

A bedside lamp - not too heavily shaded - with a 75 watt bulb is ideal as far as I`m concerned. That`s enough light to see everything I want to see without being dazzled if she`s riding high