Last thing you bought

OS map of the place I’m going to in November (parents’ dog is scared of fireworks so we’re going for a family holiday to a remote country area which is quiet at bonfire night)
Food as per the food thread
Some more iain banks books

Dalps failed me :manhater: So I had to go to the bike shop for repairs as my gears were bollocksed.
Mechanic said it was caused by ‘neglect’ which I must admit it was.
Bought a new thing called muc off which is to guard against a recurrence of grime building up and will be part of my new regime.

£45 (in cash, as I don’t believe in the cards only economy)

So I had to go to the bike shop for repairs as my gears were bollocksed.
Bought a new thing called muc off which is to guard against a recurrence of grime building up and will be part of my new regime.
That could possibly read with a different meaning.... in which case all you need is a good booking or two to get your gears going and get rid of some the grime that's built up over the past 4 months or so :)

Old Printer gave up ghost, will not print black no matter what so new one needed.... so just back from Argos with new HP wi-fi Envy .
Had to wear mask for 1st time in shop - everyone had one incl all staff, no issues.
I haven’t got a printer and neither have any of my colleagues. We found it hard to adjust to working from home but after a few weeks, we’d all had a paperless revolution. If I’d had a home printer I’d still be stuck in the old ways, so it was a blessing in disguise that I don’t and work has changed forever even though i’m back at the office.

Hope you’re getting some good business done with yours though :thumbsup:

I haven’t got a printer and neither have any of my colleagues. We found it hard to adjust to working from home but after a few weeks, we’d all had a paperless revolution. If I’d had a home printer I’d still be stuck in the old ways, so it was a blessing in disguise that I don’t and work has changed forever even though i’m back at the office.

Hope you’re getting some good business done with yours though :thumbsup:
Problem is I've got several docs that have to be printed so they can be signed , scanned and then emailed back. No paperless way of doing that I'm aware of?

Problem is I've got several docs that have to be printed so they can be signed , scanned and then emailed back. No paperless way of doing that I'm aware of?
You can sometimes provide an electronic signature, but it depends. I've got a JPG of my signature that I sometimes insert on forms.

You can use Adobe Acrobat Reader to sign documents electronically. You don't have to upgrade to premium either. Doubtless other prorietary and open source software will do the job too.

Last edited:
Pack of 5 masks from Morrison’s for a fiver then I noticed two lads come in to buy a sandwich and got given a mask each free.....nice one Morrison’s :hi:
Supermarkets are taking the piss with their prices, especially ones like Asda, since they will happily sell you 4 for £2.80, but then go on to say that they will do nothing if a client comes in without one.

Since the government flipped on its rules, the price of masks on Amazon has definitely gone back up again, but these are not too bad if you get it from one of the pharmacies which is listed as a marketplace seller - 10 for a couple of pounds, with free delivery: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B086HRCW5N/ref=dp_olp_NEW_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=NEW

Pack of 5 masks from Morrison’s for a fiver then I noticed two lads come in to buy a sandwich and got given a mask each free.....nice one Morrison’s :hi:
Reusable or disposable?

Tesco: pk of 10 disposable for £5 (down from £6.50 a month ago)
Asda: pks of 2 reusable from £2.50-£3 depending on style
M&S: Might be an online only offer but pk of 5 reusable for £7.50 (see link below)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/5-...ngs-for-750-at-ms-free-cc350-delivery-3508265

Reusable or disposable?

Tesco: pk of 10 disposable for £5 (down from £6.50 a month ago)
Asda: pks of 2 reusable from £2.50-£3 depending on style
M&S: Might be an online only offer but pk of 5 reusable for £7.50 (see link below)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/5-...ngs-for-750-at-ms-free-cc350-delivery-3508265
I've been looking at the Cambridge mask. There not cheap, but they last for up to 6 months I think so may be worth it.

Has anyone here tried one?

https://cambridgemask.com/

Dalps failed me :manhater: So I had to go to the bike shop for repairs as my gears were bollocksed.

£45 (in cash, as I don’t believe in the cards only economy)
Found out about a government scheme to give people £50 to repair their bikes, after paying for this :dash:
Dalps failed me again by not telling me.
Will I be a let to get some mudguards under the scheme as I need them. But it may not be considered a repair.

THE WAIT IS OVER!
Bought ticket for https://www.mountainsonstage.com and a hotel room in the city I'm going to.
I've long fancied a girl in that city so hope to meet her then, but even if not I'm still going to have a buzzing time at the event.
The film festival was postponed until september and I did think it might never happen as no dates were given. Now it’s been cancelled :cry:

Last edited:
I booked a holiday in Edinburgh & Glen Affric in November 2019 for this September but the Glen Affric was cancelled and the people I’d been planning to go with pulled out of the whole thing, but I couldn’t as my Embra hotels wouldn’t give me a refund.

So I am going to Inverness instead.

Might meet some ts when there :thumbsup: But punting is obvs not the main reason.

A bumper for my csf
I booked a holiday in Edinburgh & Glen Affric in November 2019 for this September but the Glen Affric was cancelled and the people I’d been planning to go with pulled out of the whole thing, but I couldn’t as my Embra hotels wouldn’t give me a refund.

Might meet some ts when there :thumbsup: But punting is obvs not the main reason.
Have you been to Inverness before? It's fucking BEAUTIFUL 😍

Glen Affric is amazing, only been once but unforgettable - especially in off season with no other tourists around

A bumper for my csf

Have you been to Inverness before? It's fucking BEAUTIFUL 😍
I’ve not properly been to inverness! Usually I do the Edinburgh to Inverness train (:kiss:) and get picked up at Inverness and we drive straight to the glen. We drove along loch ness but didn’t stop.

What I’ve seen of Inverness is so promising! I’ll be doin most of it for the first time.

The discounted train tickets from Edinburgh to Inverness for September, which were released today.

View attachment 25220
Panicked & bought some tickets from here to Edinburgh for £53.
The full price is £79 and it can go as low as £20, but I feared all the advance tickets may vanish very soon so settled for this and a seat.

Part of me wanted to cancel the whole of the Scotland trip (booked in November '19) but now I'm going to make the most of things unless something goes horribly wrong over the next few weeks.

Stopping at Preston on the way in :unknown:

Panicked & bought some tickets from here to Edinburgh for £53.
The full price is £79 and it can go as low as £20, but I feared all the advance tickets may vanish very soon so settled for this and a seat.

Part of me wanted to cancel the whole of the Scotland trip (booked in November '19) but now I'm going to make the most of things unless something goes horribly wrong over the next few weeks.

Stopping at Preston on the way in :unknown:
Grab yourself a butter pie if you've time.