Last thing you bought

5ltr Pyrex glass mixing bowl from Morrison’s £4 bargain :thumbsup:

Feed and weed for the Lawn £8.99 1/2 price with voucher :thumbsup:

Chardonnay wine from Lidl special offer £2.99 :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I do wonder if some places that have reopened are taking the piss with pricing.
Went to a local garden centre to get some bits and pieces like disinfectant etc to clean tools and containers but the total cost was way above usual. Came home, ordered online from another supplier, saved £35.

A wireless Door Chime with two bell pushes (transmitters) that you can program with different chimes ( choice of 57)
I got a wireless doorbell a few years ago , live in a quiet street and all was good.

A few days later I heard a knock at the door for a delivery.

To the parcel and wondered why he hadn't pressed the doorbell.

Some bastard had stole it!!:angry:
As the case was stuck solid to the door frame, they'd ripped off the rest.

Never bothered since. :timeout:

I got a wireless doorbell a few years ago , live in a quiet street and all was good.

A few days later I heard a knock at the door for a delivery.

To the parcel and wondered why he hadn't pressed the doorbell.

Some bastard had stole it!!:angry:
As the case was stuck solid to the door frame, they'd ripped off the rest.

Never bothered since. :timeout:
Sorry to hear that-can't see what the bell push on its own would be any use to them.

Trouble is there are some strange folk around

I live in hope that mine will be OK

was that online? .. or over the counter? ...satisfied with the quality?
As like you I'll be venturing onto a bus in the near future .... just wondering .. can you share?
My local Asda were selling washable face masks, pk of 2 for £2.50 in a big bin at the door. Picked up a couple last week but all sold out now. Went on the till receipt as "women's hosiery". :blush::D

My local Asda were selling washable face masks, pk of 2 for £2.50 in a big bin at the door. Picked up a couple last week but all sold out now. Went on the till receipt as "women's hosiery". :blush::D
Loads of masks, wipes & gloves are being littered, along with the regular shit and more from the local KFC since it reopened :dash:

Although I pick up litter during my walks & put it in council bins, and wear gloves when doing so, I never touch 'surgical' stuff. So it's still there :(

Loads of masks, wipes & gloves are being littered, along with the regular shit and more from the local KFC since it reopened :dash:

Although I pick up litter during my walks & put it in council bins, and wear gloves when doing so, I never touch 'surgical' stuff. So it's still there :(
I've noticed that recently, and I knew it would get like that, its disgusting:mad:
I did see an old boy last week walking with one of those litter grabbing sticks, maybe he's noticed the gloves and masks everywhere?
I feel like I need to get one now:cool:

Was in two minds as to whether to do this, but decided I should.

after the organisers called off my environmental week in September in the highlands, my first thought was to scrap the whole holiday & get a refund for the hotels in Edinburgh that bookended that week. (Booked in 2019).

But when those hotels wouldn't refund, decided that rather than waste money I'd extend my time in the city, so I've just bought an extension.
I will meet my cousin who lives there, & we will meet in a socially distanced way at Holyrood Park. And will do such things as I can, within the rules as they are then.

Not as good as my highlands week would have been but I thought it best to salvage what I could rather than throw away. The hotel money for nought.

Was in two minds as to whether to do this, but decided I should.

after the organisers called off my environmental week in September in the highlands, my first thought was to scrap the whole holiday & get a refund for the hotels in Edinburgh that bookended that week. (Booked in 2019).

But when those hotels wouldn't refund, decided that rather than waste money I'd extend my time in the city, so I've just bought an extension.
I will meet my cousin who lives there, & we will meet in a socially distanced way at Holyrood Park. And will do such things as I can, within the rules as they are then.

Not as good as my highlands week would have been but I thought it best to salvage what I could rather than throw away. The hotel money for nought.
Great idea. I have had a couple of concerts cancelled later in the year but am keeping the hotels and hopefully catching up with friends in some way. Who knows maybe I’ll feel happy punting again by November

Will be using the train most days next week so managed to buy 3 ply medical grade face masks from Boots. £35 for 50 =70p each.
These are recommended by WHO for anyone over 60 )
BDEBE0CD-455F-4DCC-B8AF-F30AE38B3D42.jpeg

Hairdressers scissors. The OH has been on at me for weeks to cut her fringe, but I’ve managed to put her off as I said the kitchen scissors wouldn’t do (in reality it’s because whatever I did I just knew it would be wrong).

The other day she spotted I was ordering something off Amazon and asked me to order the scissors. They’ve arrived but I jokingly said that she needed to sign a disclaimer first. Anyway, went ahead with the assurance (ha ha) that I would be free from blame if it was a disaster and fortunately she feels it looks pretty good. Phew!