Last movie you watched...

Radioactive, story of Pierre and Marie Curie. Most interesting. Didn’t know her daughter Iréne won a nobel prize too.

First outing socially since lockdown eased. Cinema had it all worked out. Now if the numpties attending can work out what 2 metres is we will be quids in!!

Left Shutter Island on.A few months ago I read a few online plot explanations and was meant to watch it again but everything is a blur now.Still got to watch The Revenant

It: Chapter 2 (2019) starring Jessica Chastain and James McAvoy. No need to say what this was about genre-wise... was okay-ish but a bit drawn out and flat in a lot of places. Definitely not a patch on the first part with the young actors and not as good as the 1990 mini-series with John-Boy and Tim Curry in the lead roles.

If you’ve seen part 1 then clearly this is a must so as to finish the story, but overall not as good as it should’ve been IMO.

Saturday Night & Sunday Morning.
Read the book about 1950s working-class Nottingham when I went to that city in 2017 to see Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, and meet someone who is still a reg now. :thumbsup:

Masterful depiction of a way of life that (as many charachters state) is completely different to that which older charachters grew up with in the 30s, but also to our world, as within 20 years it would have been impossible for an Arthur Seaton to emerge.

This is a world of full employment and close-knit communities but also adultery, fornication, casual violence, abortion and seemingly endless pints of stout :drinks: Among other things that you thought didn't happen in the 1950s, but they really did.

Albert Finney is out of this world and I recall going to Nottingham Castle after meeting my reg and trying to pose like him, without any success.

'What I'm out for is a good time - all the rest is propaganda!'

image.jpg

xXx,average action film.The quiet moments are dull and the action scenes feel and look dated (unfortunately)imo something to watch though

The Ring Two,creepy horror.Flat,something to watch.I did like the first one and i must watch the Japanese original Ring/Ringu again

xXx,average action film.The quiet moments are dull and the action scenes feel and look dated (unfortunately)imo something to watch though

The Ring Two,creepy horror.Flat,something to watch.I did like the first one and i must watch the Japanese original Ring/Ringu again
Both of the Japanese originals are much better and creepier than the US remakes.

The Courier. Action film with Bond girl Olga Kurylenko as a mysterious bike courier with skillsss, and Gary Oldman in an eye patch hamming it up. Not quite a full 10 on the Anthony Hopkins level of hammy, maybe a 6. Must try harder, Gary. It has some decent fight sequences, fun death scenes and was surprisingly very enjoyable. 😀

Last edited:
The Courier. Action film with Bond girl Olga Kurylenko as a mysterious bike courier with skillsss, and Gary Oldman in an eye patch hamming it up. Not quite a full 10 on the Anthony Hopkins level of hammy, maybe a 6. Must try harder, Gary. It has some decent fight sequences, fun death scenes and was surprisingly very enjoyable. 😀
Saw that the other week. Surpisingly enjoyable but i was dissapointed Gary Oldman didn't go full ham.

Downrange. A group of people in a car get a flat tyre in the middle of nowhere become victims to a sniper hiding somewhere in the bushes. Fuck me, the characters in this were annoying and stupid. Some absolutely abysmal acting too. 😣 I only stuck with it because I hated them all so much that I was enjoying watching them die gruesomely. Don't waste your time on this. A 1/5 for the fake blood, which looks like marinara sauce making me hungry.

Last edited:
I'm a Gary Oldman fan, his performance in Leon is bloody brilliant, this not so much, lol.

Have you watched The old guard on Netflix? Charlize Theron film.

The Pyramid,supernatural horror.Need a bigger budget and better director imo thought it was a decent plot idea though

Terminator Salvation,parts of it.I just can't get into the Terminator films post Terminator 2:unknown:geek fear,don't want them to ruin my babies:sarcastic::crazy: but this time i was actually interested so i'll watch it properly

Relic. Australian horror about an old woman suffering from dementia whose daughter and granddaughter go home to help her, but all is not what it seems. I found the fear and dread sort of petered out a bit towards the end of the film. It's clearly a metaphor for the ravaging of dementia and people being left a shell of their former selves. A theme that's been tackled in the horror genre before with The Taking of Deborah Logan. A good film though.

Relic. Australian horror about an old woman suffering from dementia whose daughter and granddaughter go home to help her, but all is not what it seems. I found the fear and dread sort of petered out a bit towards the end of the film. It's clearly a metaphor for the ravaging of dementia and people being left a shell of their former selves. A theme that's been tackled in the horror genre before with The Taking of Deborah Logan. A good film though.
Is this another film on ‘Shudder’?

Can I ask, would you say that Shudder is a worthwhile service at all?

I’ve considered giving it a go recently but having looked through their catalogue of films I’m not so sure if it’s worth the bother, even for a weeks free trial there’s only about 3/4 films that I’d definitely want to watch.

I’ve considered giving it a go recently but having looked through their catalogue of films I’m not so sure if it’s worth the bother, even for a weeks free trial there’s only about 3/4 films that I’d definitely want to watch.
I agree, having taken a gander the other day. No Phantasm, only Hellraiser 1 and 2, only the first Insidious movie etc.... seems very limited, although they do have the Japanese originals of Ring and Ring 2, but sadly not Ring 0.

Given the trial period is only 7 days and not 30 days like most other premium streaming platforms, plus the fact it’s pricier than what I currently pay for Disney Plus, in my personal view it's not worth worth signing up for - not even the trial period given the hassle of having to cancel so quickly and the risk you may get charged anyway (few reviews/feedback where this has been the case).

I think the £4.99 price tag is overpriced for what they’re offering given the very limited selection. Just my two-penneth worth.

Last edited:

This isn't on there. I've used it off and on over the years for films and shows that are exclusive to it. For example, they did a documentary on black people in horror, which I think is excellent and can't be found elsewhere. The recent Cursed Films docuseries and Eli Roth docuseries. But like others have said it's got a very limited library. However as a horror buff I already own most of what other people might sign up expecting to find. So it's more about Shudder commissioned content than finding old films that I personally already own on dvd.

Last edited:
The Invisible Man. Omg I was losing my mind watching this. If you've ever been in an abusive relationship with a narcissist it might be a tad triggering. The gaslighting and being made to feel and look like you're going crazy. Only you can see them for what they truly are. I was screaming inside at so much of it. A really excellent way of portraying what these cunts do, and I couldn't wait to see him get his comeuppance. The plot is basically Elisabeth Moss leaving an abusive partner at the start in a very Sleeping With The Enemy vibe. A couple of weeks later she finds out he's killed himself, but has he really... Excellent film. 👍

The Invisible Man. Omg I was losing my mind watching this. If you've ever been in an abusive relationship with a narcissist it might be a tad triggering. The gaslighting and being made to feel and look like you're going crazy. Only you can see them for what they truly are. I was screaming inside at so much of it. A really excellent way of portraying what these cunts do, and I couldn't wait to see him get his comeuppance. The plot is basically Elisabeth Moss leaving an abusive partner at the start in a very Sleeping With The Enemy vibe. A couple of weeks later she finds out he's killed himself, but has he really... Excellent film. 👍
Been looking forward to this one for a while now; thanks for the update. 👍

Ad Astra (2019) starring Brad Pitt (TLJ was in it for a bit). A thoughtful sci-fi drama which sees Pitt travelling first to Mars and then Neptune in order to find his father who went missing on a long range “search for extraterrestrial life” mission 30 years earlier, a mission that now threatens life on Earth and possibly the rest of the solar system itself.

I really liked this, it was thoughtful, well paced and scientifically accurate while exploring the psychological affect of being abandoned by your father and the effects of long term space travel on the mind and body. To me it was reminiscent of The Martian, Interstellar, Gravity, and Solaris and sits up there with those films as decent sci-fi. Recommended.

I agree, having taken a gander the other day. No Phantasm, only Hellraiser 1 and 2, only the first Insidious movie etc.... seems very limited, although they do have the Japanese originals of Ring and Ring 2, but sadly not Ring 0.

Given the trial period is only 7 days and not 30 days like most other premium streaming platforms, plus the fact it’s pricier than what I currently pay for Disney Plus, in my personal view it's not worth worth signing up for - not even the trial period given the hassle of having to cancel so quickly and the risk you may get charged anyway (few reviews/feedback where this has been the case).

I think the £4.99 price tag is overpriced for what they’re offering given the very limited selection. Just my two-penneth worth.
This isn't on there. I've used it off and on over the years for films and shows that are exclusive to it. For example, they did a documentary on black people in horror, which I think is excellent and can't be found elsewhere. The recent Cursed Films docuseries and Eli Roth docuseries. But like others have said it's got a very limited library. However as a horror buff I already own most of what other people might sign up expecting to find. So it's more about Shudder commissioned content than finding old films that I personally already own on dvd.
Thanks both for your input. I’ll probably give it a miss for now, although in future I’ll definitely look into signing up in order to watch some of the docu-series you’ve mentioned.

For now though, I’ll just look to purchase some of the movies that I’m after instead.

I See You. I paid 99p to watch this on Amazon. Initially I was very annoyed because I thought it was shite with unlikeable characters, then approx 40 mins in it turned into a different kind of film. The pay off was pretty good. I won't post any spoilers.

Left X Men Days of Future Past on.Didn't have a clue what was going on but i kinda liked it.All X Men films are a blur,i remember certain scenes but that's it.I'll have to watch them back to back

Cape Fear (1991) ending.Intense.I haven't watched it before(although i've noticed it was on and ignored it) i'll have to watch it from the start.Makes me think what is the 1962 version like,less over the top
The 1962 version, with Robert Mitchum in the Max Cady role, is less violent than the modern version, but only a little and it is still a great film. Robert Mitchum is more barrel chested than the muscular De Niro.