Last movie you watched...

Bad Match.(y)
Harris just wants to hook up and have one night stands. All in good fun though, he finds his hook ups on a dating app. He spends his days working, playing video games, and swiping left and right for his next victim. All is well in the world of Harris until he swiped and matched with Riley. Unlike his other conquest riley won't go away so quietly like all the other girls. Slowly everything in Harris's life begins to fall apart.

Survival Box. A bunch of annoying teenagers party in a bunker when a terrorist virus hits everyone outside locking them in the bunker. They were going crazy after day one, jeez.

Equilibrium,Sony movie channel.A dystopian science fiction action.It seemed ok,action scenes reminded me of the Matrix.I'm sure it's trying to be clever but my brain wasn't playing ball,second viewing needed

This Sporting Life

Not so much dated as from another lifetime but still a worthwhile watch Beautifully photographed as you'd expect from Lindsay Anderson. Some great location shots too.

A strong cast led by Richard Harris and the very handsome Rachel Roberts supported by, among others, Leonard Rossiter, Arthur Lowe and Frank Windsor.

8/10

John Wick 3.
I find these movies enjoyable even though it's just Keanu Reeves shooting people for 2 hours.
One thing though is he's forever running out of ammo which he wouldn't do quite so quickly if he didn't shoot everyone four times when it's obvious the first shot killed them.

Se7en.:thumbsup:
When retiring police Detective William Somerset (Morgan Freeman) tackles a final case with the aid of newly transferred David Mills (Brad Pitt), they discover a number of elaborate and grizzly murders. They soon realize they are dealing with a serial killer (Kevin Spacey) who is targeting people he thinks represent one of the seven deadly sins. Somerset also befriends Mills' wife, Tracy (Gwyneth Paltrow), who is pregnant and afraid to raise her child in the crime-riddled city.

Se7en.:thumbsup:
When retiring police Detective William Somerset (Morgan Freeman) tackles a final case with the aid of newly transferred David Mills (Brad Pitt), they discover a number of elaborate and grizzly murders. They soon realize they are dealing with a serial killer (Kevin Spacey) who is targeting people he thinks represent one of the seven deadly sins. Somerset also befriends Mills' wife, Tracy (Gwyneth Paltrow), who is pregnant and afraid to raise her child in the crime-riddled city.
WHAT'S IN THE BOOXXXXX!!!????!!!!???

Wolf (2019) - low budget shit horror movie by the same man who wrote, directed and starred in The Necromancer (2018). More people in an historic setting running around. A forest being attacked by supernatural evil creatures. Over half the audience walked out during the film (4 people). Avoid unless you love low budget British horror movies that are terrible. In every way.

Since my yearly trip to Edinburgh & Glen Affric is on its way, had my yearly viewing of Sunshine on Leith :)
My favourite parts are the mass brawl at the wedding anniversary (is this a thing?) and the bit where Davy learns the nationality of the girl Ally wants to introduce him to.

ENGLISH?

The Predator (2018) I didn't like at all,didn't feel right,maybe i'm bias because i think Predator is excellent,even the sequel was surprisingly very good. Just parachute 'elite' soldiers in a jungle with a couple of predators...maybe three,that's it!

It's like the Alien franchise in my imo,ruined
Wait, wasn't there a sequel with Adrian Brody and a bunch of other bad guys who parachute onto another planet? Is that one you're talking about, as it was pretty good I thought.

The Predator (2018) I didn't like at all,didn't feel right,maybe i'm bias because i think Predator is excellent,even the sequel was surprisingly very good. Just parachute 'elite' soldiers in a jungle with a couple of predators...maybe three,that's it!

Thought it was a good comedy...

Wait, wasn't there a sequel with Adrian Brody and a bunch of other bad guys who parachute onto another planet? Is that one you're talking about, as it was pretty good I thought.
That's Predators (2010),this one is the latest one 2018.The sequel which i mentioned is Predator 2 (1990).What i was saying is they really don't need to do much,just do it well IMHO

That's Predators (2010),this one is the latest one 2018.The sequel which i mentioned is Predator 2 (1990).What i was saying is they really don't need to do much,just do it well IMHO
Oh OK. Yeah, the original with Ahnold is a classic, and the sequel with Danny Glover was also pretty good. I don't think I've seen the 2018 one yet, and after what you're saying, I probably won't bother.

I thought it started ok for the first 10-15 but went downhill after that, ok I guess if you disengage your brain.

Agreed.
Classic 80s kitsch with Arnold needs to be left alone, the guy was a one off and those films are iconic. I don't like any of the other predator "franchise" other than the original. The aliens vs series marked a new low for both of those characters IMO

The Ring,Sky Greats,watched it before.I remember having a convo with someone about it,he said it was crap and he preferred the Japanese original,fair points,but i kinda like it,it wasn't shit my briefs kind of film but it was abit creepy imo,it gave me the heebie jeebies at times

Anna - Luc Besson

Basically a rehash of the far superior French film "La Femme Nikita" also by Besson only set in portion in Russia with the lead being a Russian model.

Not great. He made a few exceptional movies, the aforementioned La Femme Nikita, The Big Blue, Leon (my favourite, one of my favourites of all time), The Fifth Element (Weird, but I love it) and after that everything went downhill.

He's produced a couple of decent movies since such as the original Taken movie with Liam Neeson and The Transporter with Statham but they're diminishing returns with every sequel.

King Arthur Legend of the sword on Amazon Prime
Now that's a truly awful film.

Spider-Man Far From Home. Enjoyable, just a shame with that cliffhanger after the credits we won't see what happens next.

Yesterday.

'After a freak bus accident during a mysterious global blackout, Jack wakes up to discover that The Beatles have never existed. Performing songs by the greatest band in history to a world that has never heard them'

I liked it, thought it was pretty funny.

Spider-Man Far From Home. Enjoyable, just a shame with that cliffhanger after the credits we won't see what happens next.

Same here, that surprise cameo at the end was absolutely epicosical. This whole shim-sham about ownership of the character sucks, its the James gunn incidents all over again in a way.

Extinction (2015),zombie film,Horror channel,ending.It seemed an okish horror,something to watch type of film.I will look out for it so i can watch it from the start

Lion King 2019. Disappointing. I need to watch the original again now to cleanse myself of the remake.
I refuse to watch any of Disney’s live action remakes as they bring nothing different to the story and are literally there for the $$$.
Basically Disney saying all the hard work and craft in the originals means nothing when you can do a paint by numbers cgi remake.

Last film I watched, Spideman : far from home....was okay.

Looking out for the The Revenant,i remember the hype when it was released,it came on Sky but i ignored it,thought Sky would be still showing it

On television the other night. The Lunchbox (an Indian movie I at first just gave a few minutes to while channel hopping but watched it all) A very simple tale of two unconnected people (one unhappy wife and one lonely widower) whose paths cross in a very unusual way but they do not actually get to meet at all. It held my interest but had a slightly sad ending which I didn't expect. Some English but mostly subtitles which did not spoil it at all.

Looking forward to the new movie Judy with Renee Zellweger which is out very soon.

I went to see Downton but only under persuasion by someone. It was ok.

On television the other night. The Lunchbox (an Indian movie I at first just gave a few minutes to while channel hopping but watched it all) A very simple tale of two unconnected people (one unhappy wife and one lonely widower) whose paths cross in a very unusual way but they do not actually get to meet at all. It held my interest but had a slightly sad ending which I didn't expect. Some English but mostly subtitles which did not spoil it at all.

I saw that a while back. Lovely film.

I watched the "Eddie the Eagle" on film 4 last night.....actually quite good, goes to show the "establishment" still want to keep us common folk down.

Netflix Between Two Ferns. Host Zach Galifianakis conducts awkward interviews with famous celebrities and public figures, thought this was pretty funny and worth a watch.

I watched The Great Wall last night, starring Matt Damon and Pedro Pascal, quite enjoyed it. Also it featured lots of Asian girls in Blue soldier uniforms which I found quite arousing.

Poltergeist (1982) :thumbsup:
Strange and creepy happenings beset an average California family, the Freelings -- Steve (Craig T. Nelson), Diane (JoBeth Williams), teenaged Dana (Dominique Dunne), eight-year-old Robbie (Oliver Robins), and five-year-old Carol Ann (Heather O'Rourke) -- when ghosts commune with them through the television set. Initially friendly and playful, the spirits turn unexpectedly menacing, and, when Carol Ann goes missing, Steve and Diane turn to a parapsychologist and eventually an exorcist for help.