Gaming

For the last two weeks have been playing red dead 2 constantly, with a little bit of gt sport on the side to break things up. Game of the last couple of years for me.

Going to pass on last of us 2 even tho i'm a big fan on the original. It just looks too dark and bleak for me at the moment.

Last edited:
For the last two weeks have been playing red dead 2 constantly, with a little bit of gt sport on the side to break things up. Game of the last couple of years for me.

Going to pass on last of us 2 even tho i'm a big fan on the original. It just looks too dark and bleak for me at the moment.
I must be mad, but decided to play through one and the expansion first, the remastered version was £8.

Yeah it’s reduced on the PlayStation store the remastered version includes all the dlc. Importantly it includes the ‘left behind’ single player campaign which is an Ellie side story or prequel or something and I haven’t played that before.

Of course I had to update the PS4, charge the controllers, and then download the remastered version which meant I ended up playing the Xbox all evening.

Yeah it’s reduced on the PlayStation store the remastered version includes all the dlc. Importantly it includes the ‘left behind’ single player campaign which is an Ellie side story or prequel or something and I haven’t played that before.

Of course I had to update the PS4, charge the controllers, and then download the remastered version which meant I ended up playing the Xbox all evening.
Yes thats the version i played i didn't have a ps3 to play the original. I really liked it i think it told a dark story that made you think, but reading the reviews of 2 its taken the darkness to 11.

I'll still buy it and play it but when im in a better frame of mind.

Left Behind fills in the gap in the main game and also a prequel like you said. I only played and completed it last week. I enjoy the story in The Last of Us, but I don't actually find the combat that fun.

Left Behind fills in the gap in the main game and also a prequel like you said. I only played and completed it last week. I enjoy the story in The Last of Us, but I don't actually find the combat that fun.
I’m going to set the combat to easy and enjoy the game and story, I tend to do that with ‘blockbuster movie’ type games
God of war, last of us, Unchartered, Spider-Man Etc.

Like yourself I usually find the combat in a cinematic type game lacking.

So the "leaked" price for the PS5 is £499.
It will be interesting to hear what the official price is when announced, and if a difference for the two models.

I think both companies will struggle to sell into this economy. Also I have yet to see anything, from either of them that screams buy a new console. Yes everything seems to look prettier, that’s just not compelling enough to spend that sort of money.

My favourite PS design was the PS3 slim,a bit noisy at times tho and i did like the Xbox 360 Elite although mine suffered the red ring of death :(

C

comaminion

It will a take a year or so after release before developers will take an advantage of the new consoles capabilities (that's if they ever do).It's always best to wait imo.Sony and Microsoft understand it's not a sprint but a marathon when it comes to selling consoles
Yep the jump won't be like ps3 to ps4 either for the first 12-18 months

Made the mistake buying a launch console too many times and being left with lackluster games ps5 new spiderman is a buy but thats it

Roll on summer/autumn it'll be cheaper, maybe a jazzy looking special edition console with a game bundle

But when resi 8, dying light 2 and watch dogs are out I'll pick it up

C

comaminion

That's the line up so far and only one is a launch title

That's the line up so far and only one is a launch title
Spider-Man isn’t a full game, it’s a stand-alone dlc type game. I really enjoy a Bendis written Miles Morales, so I was disappointed with that news.

I think in general it’s more than that, let’s look at fortnite. Will it be a new game? No. As games become services, and seasons are the new releases, things get weird around console launches with the thought of ‘New’ content.

Last edited:
Well I can't justify spending £300 on a PS4 and a copy of TLOU 2 so for now I'm just watching TheRadBrad play it. It's the kind of game I usually love playing and I did play the first one when I had a PS3. I'll definitely play it one day.
I don't like the game. Not my thing. Been playing the resident evil remakes and played god of war again

C

comaminion

Ah it’ll be coming soon. I nearly had a tantrum at the ski lift part. Damn clicker kept fucking me over.
What difficulty you on ?

I'm playing very light so can enjoy the story

Took the clicker out two shots on the ski lift

Now in downtown just cleared the synagogue

What difficulty you on ?

I'm playing very light so can enjoy the story

Took the clicker out two shots on the ski lift

Now in downtown just cleared the synagogue
Ah you wimp! I don’t think my twitch pals would accept it if I was playing very light ha - I have a reputation to uphold! I’ve got to the part where I’m evading WLF - relying on stealthing the entire time because I can’t handle a gun show down so it’s slow going!

C

comaminion

Ah you wimp! I don’t think my twitch pals would accept it if I was playing very light ha - I have a reputation to uphold! I’ve got to the part where I’m evading WLF - relying on stealthing the entire time because I can’t handle a gun show down so it’s slow going!
I am not great at stealth so handy to have run and gun available

The snow run with abby was a pain as you couldn't tell where to go and the shitheads poured out

Still on Seattle day one am sure i will miss some collectibles but mooching round to get as much as possible

Those cheap bastards with the coffee shop toilets i almost jumped into the wall

I am not great at stealth so handy to have run and gun available

The snow run with abby was a pain as you couldn't tell where to go and the shitheads poured out

Still on Seattle day one am sure i will miss some collectibles but mooching round to get as much as possible

Those cheap bastards with the coffee shop toilets i almost jumped into the wall
I literally jumped off my chair when I went into those toilets. Just bashed square in the hopes of hitting ha. There’s been quite a few jumpy moments where I’ve had to put the controller down and take a break.

Yes I died about 4 times during that snow run as kept running into groups of them in confusion!

Some cheeky bastard has sent me this ha:
9A250BE6-C61B-49A4-A4F5-ABF2FA9ECFEA.jpeg

I literally jumped off my chair when I went into those toilets. Just bashed square in the hopes of hitting ha. There’s been quite a few jumpy moments where I’ve had to put the controller down and take a break.

Yes I died about 4 times during that snow run as kept running into groups of them in confusion!

View attachment 22827
Is that you underneath @comaminion ?

C

comaminion

View attachment 22827
Also the bank got the shotgun area was "all clear" as leaving a fucking clicker comes wombling through

That was another "oh shit" moment

I don't get why the game is getting hate because it's "woke", it's done the sexuality stuff well as for ellie being main protagonist, she always was even in the first game she was the "story"

I'm aware of a lot of spoilers because of the internet but has not ruined it as the story delivers a total atmosphere as you play

Get to the music shop and play an acoustic cover of take on me that was awesome

C

comaminion

Did not get to play it much yesterday. Think i am about 6 hours in, just arrived at the Theatre. Hope to have a few hours on it today.
@Lily Whyte

Either of you want this dlc code

Ammo Capacity Upgrade: Instantly unlock an ammo capacity upgrade for Ellie’s pistol.
Crafting Training Manual: Instantly unlock the Crafting Training Manual, which provides access to new crafting recipes and upgrade

Just got an email from amazon for the above content, didn't think I'd get it as wasn't mentioned so i bought a code off ebay on release day :dash:

@Lily Whyte

Either of you want this dlc code

Ammo Capacity Upgrade: Instantly unlock an ammo capacity upgrade for Ellie’s pistol.
Crafting Training Manual: Instantly unlock the Crafting Training Manual, which provides access to new crafting recipes and upgrade

Just got an email from amazon for the above content, didn't think I'd get it as wasn't mentioned so i bought a code off ebay on release day :dash:
Just had an email with it too.

Just gone past the Theatre.
I got to day 2 last night then called it a night. I’m really annoyed with myself for not attempting the coke can lock. I spent about half an hour searching for the remaining numbers and then decided to continue on in the hopes of returning, however couldn’t jump back up! Tried to go back a check point but it just took me further into that room where the bloaters were!

I'm about 15hrs in and i think i'm about half way into the story. Have been taking my time with the game trying to collect as many journals etc.

Was looking into getting a Mass Effect game (after number 2).I remember playing 2 and enjoyed it although not the smoothest of experiences but one of the best games i played during the PS3 360 generation.I looked into 3,remember/reread the 'shitstorm' about the ending but i'm not deeply invested in the characters and world so no tantrum from me but since it was older thought i'd try the 'latest' Andromeda.Read reviews,the changes,troubles during development so backed off and decided to get 3 but it's PS3 only:dash: Forget it,memorable series (although just played one:D)
Just read there might be a remastered trilogy out this year:unknown:i won't be killing myself to get it tho,wait for a suitable price drop

Was looking into getting a Mass Effect game (after number 2).I remember playing 2 and enjoyed it although not the smoothest of experiences but one of the best games i played during the PS3 360 generation.I looked into 3,remember/reread the 'shitstorm' about the ending but i'm not deeply invested in the characters and world so no tantrum from me but since it was older thought i'd try the 'latest' Andromeda.Read reviews,the changes,troubles during development so backed off and decided to get 3 but it's PS3 only:dash: Forget it,memorable series (although just played one:D)
Just read there might be a remastered trilogy out this year:unknown:i won't be killing myself to get it tho,wait for a suitable price drop
Mass effect 2 is one of my favourite games of the previous generation. I thought the furore over the ending of ME3 was stupid. ME3 is worth a play as the game itself is great. If there is a remaster i hope it comes out on the switch.

Ghost of tsushima looks promising. My most wanted game for this year would be breath of the wild 2. That's if it's being released this year but it must be the big switch game for christmas.

Nintendo have been worryingly quite in terms of upcoming exclusives.

C

comaminion

I got to day 2 last night then called it a night. I’m really annoyed with myself for not attempting the coke can lock. I spent about half an hour searching for the remaining numbers and then decided to continue on in the hopes of returning, however couldn’t jump back up! Tried to go back a check point but it just took me further into that room where the bloaters were!
Fuck that i switched straight to the youtube app and got the code

There wasn't much in that room anyway