Gaming

Thinking of adding a beat em up to my collection and am thinking of getting Mortal Kombat 11 as i'm a big fan of the series. Anyone played this or prefer another series?
If I was going to get one I’d get tekken 7 or some street fighter variation. Mortal Kombat never felt like a serious game to me.

Beat em ups were such a big part of gaming in my university days. I barely give them a thought now.

Thinking of adding a beat em up to my collection and am thinking of getting Mortal Kombat 11 as i'm a big fan of the series. Anyone played this or prefer another series?
I bought Dragon Ball FighterZ last year,first beat em up in ages.I enjoyed it but it showed beat em ups have moved on since my Street Fighter obsession years ago.I would say play it safe and go for Mortal Kombat 11 because you're fan and maybe explore another series next time.Personally beat em ups are used for a quick play or 2 player fun but i'll eventually buy another one

I bought Dragon Ball FighterZ last year,first beat em up in ages.I enjoyed it but it showed beat em ups have moved on since my Street Fighter obsession years ago.I would say play it safe and go for Mortal Kombat 11 because you're fan and maybe explore another series next time.Personally beat em ups are used for a quick play or 2 player fun but i'll eventually buy another one
The street fighter 30th anniversary collection that was released recently is a good deal too, You can pick it up for around £20 and it has 12 different versions of street fighter 2, super street fighter 2, street fighter 3 and the original. It’s ideal for a quick pick up and play if that’s what your after.
From the new generation, I really enjoyed tekken 7, easy to pick up and enough depth to keep you coming back again and again
I agree with the above post about mortal kombat though, it just never seemed to flow as well as street fighter for me so I could never get into the series

out of interest why does no one mention street fighter 5 ? I know it had a lot of shit when it first came out but haven’t those issues been ironed out ? Or is still a shitshow

The street fighter 30th anniversary collection that was released recently is a good deal too, You can pick it up for around £20 and it has 12 different versions of street fighter 2, super street fighter 2, street fighter 3 and the original. It’s ideal for a quick pick up and play if that’s what your after.
From the new generation, I really enjoyed tekken 7, easy to pick up and enough depth to keep you coming back again and again
I agree with the above post about mortal kombat though, it just never seemed to flow as well as street fighter for me so I could never get into the series

out of interest why does no one mention street fighter 5 ? I know it had a lot of shit when it first came out but haven’t those issues been ironed out ? Or is still a shitshow
Good deal! :)
I wasn't into Tekken and Mortal Kombat although played some versions with family or friends.Would give the latest versions a try though,depending on price,reviews etc

Never heard of SF 5 (probably have but forgotten) I stopped caring because i thought they were milking the franchise to death imo

I haven’t play a beat em up since spending £100 to import SF2 for my SNES.

I would suggest have a think about why you want one. Will you play it like a single player game or online, which is it you’d prefer ?

Mortal Kombat appears to have a well rounded storyline, daily challenges and the tower thing, for instance, and I would suggest the best choice for a single player game.

Street fighter, dragon ball z, Blaz blue and Smash Bros, are more competitive and presumably better net code, active community, (maybe would need a good quality fight stick).

Then think about speed, dragon ball and blaz blue are fast (competitively) whereas Tekken and street fighter are slower, more measured games, with fakes and bluffs.

Hope that all helps to focus your thoughts and you get something you enjoy.

I haven’t play a beat em up since spending £100 to import SF2 for my SNES.

I would suggest have a think about why you want one. Will you play it like a single player game or online, which is it you’d prefer ?

Mortal Kombat appears to have a well rounded storyline, daily challenges and the tower thing, for instance, and I would suggest the best choice for a single player game.

Street fighter, dragon ball z, Blaz blue and Smash Bros, are more competitive and presumably better net code, active community, (maybe would need a good quality fight stick).

Then think about speed, dragon ball and blaz blue are fast (competitively) whereas Tekken and street fighter are slower, more measured games, with fakes and bluffs.

Hope that all helps to focus your thoughts and you get something you enjoy.
It's mainly for single player as i'm always crap when I try to play online. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Looking for a new half decent gaming pc, my budget is £600 - £800 but I have no idea what's good or not :wacko:

Seen these ones, https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/category/gaming-pcs/ but not sure which one.
I think you would be surprised how relatively straightforward it is to build your own. I would recommend watch a couple of YouTube video’s on the topic. You will get a lot more for your money this way.