Gaming

I'm not much of a Gears fan but I'm enjoying Gears 5 from what I've played so far. Also started Man of Medan, already got someone killed, too damn slow on the QTE.

See big FIFA fan here. But looking at branching into PC gaming with custom pc (on the horizon)
The thing I don't like about Fifa is that they literally dont change the game just release another game every year exactly the same (just different players in liue of transfers etc) and they expect you to pay well over £40-60 for a "new" game.

Its the same as Call of Duty, Battlefield and most other big company games.

Why they don't take the GTA motive and just release a new one every 4-6 years is beyond me :)

The thing I don't like about Fifa is that they literally dont change the game just release another game every year exactly the same (just different players in liue of transfers etc) and they expect you to pay well over £40-60 for a "new" game.

Its the same as Call of Duty, Battlefield and most other big company games.

Why they don't take the GTA motive and just release a new one every 4-6 years is beyond me :)
I get what you mean. That’s EA in a nutshell

I had fun playing the Modern Warfare BETA. Seems COD is back.

Apart from that I’m still playing Madden Ultimate team, FIFA and Apex with mates.

Currently playing Borderlands 3. It is exactly what I had hoped for, and waited 5 years for - a much prettier and more varied version of Borderlands 2.

But - the developers seem to have done that thing they do where they effectively release a buggy game and get the paying punters to beta test it. Crashes / freezes all the fucking time at the moment. Really, really annoying. It shouldn’t happen with a AAA release.
If you're talking about PC version then I never had any crash when using Dx11 but it did run worse with very high CPU usage, with Dx12 it was much smoother but had a few crashes early on because of nvidia overlays in fullscreen mode. Once that was sorted I haven't had any crashes in about 15-20 hours on my system. You may need to add the Control Flow Guard to prevent the micro stutters and freezes in Dx12. Worked on a number of recent Dx12 releases including Control and Gears 5.

Here's a magic trick
View attachment 931

Last edited:
Thinking about getting God of War next, either the new Norse game or the remastered God of War 3. Do I need to have played the first two to play the 3rd?
I would say yes, the story is surprisingly fun. It does wrap up at the end of three quite neatly. You could play catch up on YouTube with the cutscenes.

The Norse one is set after the first trilogy and there are some references but it’s essentially a new story, and a good one at that.

Last edited:
WOW classic is my current game of choice ?
Honestly, is it crap now ?

I loved it back in the day. Stitches in Duskwood. Skinning gorillas in STV for mount money. The black dwarf mines for raid attunement. Princess the pig

My guess is that now, all these years later, it’s hard work and a lot less fun than it was.

Currently playing Wilmot’s warehouse on the switch. Great laid back puzzler. Also grabbed torchlight 2.

Apex legends still has its hands around my throat on Xbox. I’ve managed to play it so much that I’ve hit max level for the season (again), I really need to get out more.

Not currently playing anything on PS4, perhaps take a peak at Control when they’ve patched the performance issues (I’ve got a base PS4, not the pro). I loved Alan Wake, so would definitely be interested.

E

EnglishPhoebe

Honestly, is it crap now ?

I loved it back in the day. Stitches in Duskwood. Skinning gorillas in STV for mount money. The black dwarf mines for raid attunement. Princess the pig

My guess is that now, all these years later, it’s hard work and a lot less fun than it was.
That’s the point of classic. It’s exactly the game you remember.

Anyone played a Kickstarter game? Shemune 3 should be released in a couple of months,i haven't played the original or the sequel,I never experienced the Dreamcast:cry:I just read they are available for PS4 and Xbox one

Anyone played a Kickstarter game? Shemune 3 should be released in a couple of months,i haven't played the original or the sequel,I never experienced the Dreamcast:cry:I just read they are available for PS4 and Xbox one
Quite a few modern games, indie stuff has started its life on Kickstarter.
Games I’ve personally played FTL, pillars of eternity, Banner Saga (think that was crowdfunded), The escapists. Battle chasers (Xbox version) and probably a few others

Best by a long shot that started on kickstarter was Shovel Knight.

I think it was a great game, but I wouldn’t agree with some of the reverence it receives.

I am looking forward to the sequel.
Oh I don’t disagree with anyone who does like it, it’s just not for me I guess. It was already being hailed a “masterpiece” before I even started it and I just didn’t see it. It’s a fine, solid game but yes like you I don’t agree with the reverence. Once I finished it I didn’t feel compelled to replay it and thought most of it was forgettable. But then I played it immediately after finishing Bioshock Infinite which had a more profound effect on me.

Oh I don’t disagree with anyone who does like it, it’s just not for me I guess. It was already being hailed a “masterpiece” before I even started it and I just didn’t see it. It’s a fine, solid game but yes like you I don’t agree with the reverence. Once I finished it I didn’t feel compelled to replay it and thought most of it was forgettable. But then I played it immediately after finishing Bioshock Infinite which had a more profound effect on me.
I didn’t enjoy bioshock infinite at all
That’s the one set in a weird America with a grapple hook thing, right ?

Loved the first bioshock very moody and oppressive, but that suffered, like most modern games the problem of getting ‘easier’ as the game progress rather than harder.

God, I sound like a right old miserable gamer. :D

I didn’t enjoy bioshock infinite at all
That’s the one set in a weird America with a grapple hook thing, right ?

Loved the first bioshock very moody and oppressive, but that suffered, like most modern games the problem of getting ‘easier’ as the game progress rather than harder.

God, I sound like a right old miserable gamer. :D
Liked Bioshock Infinite up until the last stretch, which I could not complete and did not return to.

Think it was more of the story and set pieces, that opening to the game is one of the best. I didn't so much enjoy the gameplay, but I was invested in the two main characters.
yeah i'm sure it was mainly praised for the storytelling techniques,cutscenes,dialogue,voice acting etc

Decided to try Shenmue 1 and 2 (in one) £20,still enjoying Far Cry 5

Still loving this game roll on new season and new character and a NEW MAP :dance:
6pm it should go live, but it will take too long to download for me so, probably won't be able to play it until tomorrow.

32 wins this season, got 23 in season 1, so did a bit better. Although I saw some with 100, so not that impressive lol. Looking forward to it though, still the only game I constantly play.

Bought Train Sim World 2020 as it's on sale. Not sure why, never had any interest in these sim type games before, but I'm also tempted with Bus Simulator :unknown:Maybe with my old age, I prefer the simple life now lol.

Bought Train Sim World 2020 as it's on sale. Not sure why, never had any interest in these sim type games before, but I'm also tempted with Bus Simulator :unknown:Maybe with my old age, I prefer the simple life now lol.
Interesting.I want to explore a wide variety of games

I've done this at Notts Vic centre recently.
Great 3D roaming experience, you have to remind yourself at times that you're in a big empty room & that you're not going to fall off the side of a building.
Zombies ?‍♂️ can shit you up at times as well:sarcastic:

Yeah need to play season 3 Apex. I like playing as Lifeline. Been busy playing FIFA online with my mate and trying to build an ultimate team.
Lifeline fan as well, she’s fast and that 25% item usage speed reduction is great.
Pathfinder second favourite, again because of the movement, jump as the grapple hits and swing and you can move right across zones.

Lifeline fan as well, she’s fast and that 25% item usage speed reduction is great.
Pathfinder second favourite, again because of the movement, jump as the grapple hits and swing and you can move right across zones.
I hate when someone chooses my character and then they have 0 kills or wins :D

Pathfinder or Octane as my rare 2nd. Robot grapple to higher ground can be a life saver.

Yeah need to play season 3 Apex. I like playing as Lifeline. Been busy playing FIFA online with my mate and trying to build an ultimate team.
Yep another Lifeline here :D means not having to pick up medkits taking up space in your bag. I'm always looking at my team-mates health too and constantly deploying health if needed, hate when others don't do that.

If Lifeline is taken then I don't mind using Bangalore or Mirage (easier to run away with them :D)

First game on the new Apex Legends map and this will take some getting used too, miss the old one lol. It feels bigger (that's what she said), but it's weird not knowing my way around it.
managed to get two wins so far and I have a 2:1 kill/death ratio

G7 scout is now the best gun and with the hopup (double shot) it’s amazing.

I don't understand how I can be so bad at a game I play a lot :D

But can't say I'm liking the new map, I'm still favouring the havoc with all the attachments, and the Hemlok.
I hate all the energy based weapons. The Hemlock is a good gun and got buffed in the latest patch.
I’m still learning the map early days yet.

Aaero a rhythm/music game is cheap on Xbox so I grabbed that this evening.

C

comaminion

Currently fifa 20 and rage 2 dlc expansion on rotation

Ghostbusters remarstered on route

Apex Legends seems a bit buggy since the new season, I've had to exit to main dashboard twice and the game is laggy which could be due to the bigger map.

Also, find it annoying when team-mates drop near you and follow you and take your loot. I mean I was about to pick up a weapon when one tosser swooped in and took it :angry:

Played a bit of the Ghostbusters The Video Game Remaster. Had it on the 360 but didn't get too far into it for some reason, enjoying it now though, but it can be chaotic with lots of enemies to deal with.

Apex Legends seems a bit buggy since the new season, I've had to exit to main dashboard twice and the game is laggy which could be due to the bigger map.

Also, find it annoying when team-mates drop near you and follow you and take your loot. I mean I was about to pick up a weapon when one tosser swooped in and took it :angry:

Played a bit of the Ghostbusters The Video Game Remaster. Had it on the 360 but didn't get too far into it for some reason, enjoying it now though, but it can be chaotic with lots of enemies to deal with.
I’ve been playing on Xbox without any game breaking issues. I suppose it’s because it’s a new season but I have encountered lots off teammates who just run in to battle on their own. Perhaps they’ve watched to many videos on YouTube of the top players and think they can play at that level.
I’m going to start playing ranked to see if I can get some more sensible players.

I’ve been playing on Xbox without any game breaking issues. I suppose it’s because it’s a new season but I have encountered lots off teammates who just run in to battle on their own. Perhaps they’ve watched to many videos on YouTube of the top players and think they can play at that level.
I’m going to start playing ranked to see if I can get some more sensible players.
Are you playing on the Xbox One S or X? Yeah, I almost always die running after a team-mate to either back them up or to revive him/her. Also, just because I ping an enemy doesn't mean to instantly start shooting halfway across the map.

Another thing that piss me off is if I'm down and they're looting everything first lol. Feel like I have to play 50 games before I'm put in with a good team.

Last edited:
Are you playing on the Xbox One S or X? Yeah, I almost always die running after a team-mate to either back them up or to revive him/her. Also, just because I ping an enemy doesn't mean to instantly start shooting halfway across the map.

Another thing that piss me off is if I'm down and they're looting everything first lol. Feel like I have to play 50 games before I'm put in with a good team.
My Xbox is the base unit, not a S or X.

Agree with everything you said. I think there are too many players who play it like call of duty, run around like headless chickens looking for kills, rather than trying to win the game.

I've been trying to see how far through doom I can get on the hardest setting. Where when you die you restart the game. It's pretty interesting.

Other than that anno1800 has been fun.

If I can get my playstation account unlocked I'll be getting back into the uncharted games.

Finally, won my first game in season 3 of Apex Legends, took long enough lol. But that was probably the first good team I was with. I'm getting used to the new map now.
Been playing Gibraltar, and got my first win with him this afternoon. Truth be told I was carried on that game, I am still learning the character He had quite a good buff this season. The maps suit him as well.

Managed to get to silver rank 2 and now playing with less idiots.

Been playing Gibraltar, and got my first win with him this afternoon. Truth be told I was carried on that game, I am still learning the character He had quite a good buff this season. The maps suit him as well.

Managed to get to silver rank 2 and now playing with less idiots.
I know they all move at the same speed but Gibraltar always feel a bit too slow for me, and also a much bigger target lol. I really should start using more characters though, but Lifeline is my gal :D

Also wish people wouldn't quit out just before I'm about to recover their bloody banner.

I’ve been dabbling with Apple Arcade for a week ish, here are some thoughts and facts.

£4.99 per month, (free one month trial).
Think Netflix for games.
Works with iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV (if you can update to latest software, it will work)
Can share with up to 6 family members
States over 100 games (I haven’t counted), new games added every few days.
NO IN GAME ADS OR PURCHASES, all games are actual games without any free to play timers/coins/gems etc
Games can be downloaded and played offline.
PS4 and XBox controller compatibility.

So, my thoughts are positive at the moment. I remember a golden age in mobile phone games, around 2010-2012/3, when there was a multitude of great games, before all the monetisation. Remember games like puzzle craft, angry birds, puzzle quest, threes, field runners, jet pack joyride etc. Remember when they were just games, not something trying to sell you extra levels, cooldown and timer reductions. Well that’s what Apple Arcade is like, lots of actual games, that can be just played.
Highlights for me so far is, What the golf, and Soyanara wild hearts (which I bought on the switch also).

With a one month free trial, maybe worth a go.

If you consider the new Mario Kart mobile game has a monthly subscription of 4.99, for a poor touch control version of the game, the value of Apple Arcade is clear.

Is it as good as transport tycoon from waaaay back?

After a reading an article about Silent Hill,i want to play one,they passed me by for some reason,i searched for a PS4 version but nothing,might unbox my PS3:unknown:

Just started Disco Elysium as it came out today, the game had been in development for about 13 years. So far it's reminding me of Planescape Torment and if it stays that way then it's probably going to test the limits of my English as well as understanding of abstract concepts and surrealism...haha

Playing GRID on PS4, it’s very middle of the road :D

Torchlight 2 on Switch, Apex Legends on Xbox, hit gold rank (don’t like the new Halloween game mode at all). Also still fiddling with Apple Arcade ‘What the Golf’ still the standout game, it’s more a Wario Ware game then a golf game.