France attacks

looks like Paris has had multiple terrorist attacks on it tonight.. Two bombs, gunman and at least 40 dead.. France has closed its boarders!! Bloody aweful and a bit close for comfort!

looks like Paris has had multiple terrorist attacks on it tonight.. Two bombs, gunman and at least 40 dead.. France has closed its boarders!! Bloody aweful and a bit close for comfort!
Yes shocking events and I hope they sort this scum out asap and I hope the UK is on read alert here for similar.

I am meant to go to Disneyland Paris next Friday.

Awful what is happening over there! Sadly it is only a matter of time before it happens to the UK.

Unfortunately we are making it easier for these people. They mix in with refugees, say they have lost their passport so we have no idea who they are or where they are from and they are allowed to congregate at ports and borders without being suspected. It's why so many don't even want genuine refugees anymore as there is no way to check who they are. I think because of the mass movement across Europe we are going to see a lot more of this happening

Blimey - just seen.

Surely the time has come to take drastic action against the Islamic nutters? If I was in charge, anyone preaching hatred against the UK, westerners, christians etc. would be deported straight back to the shit hole they, their parents or grandparents etc. came from, and the British converts would be locked up until they saw sense. No faith schools, everything legal is 100% secular and I'd make the niqab illegal.

I'm becoming much less tolerant in middle age!

J

johnnyboy61

Sadly probably religion again.You can't reason with someone who thinks they have God on their side be they Islamists, medieval Crusaders, Zionists, Blair and Bush etc, etc....If you base your moral code on shallow superstition then you can be persuaded that the most horrendous acts are reasonable and the right thing to do. Don't know what the solution is, what strange animals we are.

I was just laughing with friend of mine how I love Friday 13th and how lucky I've always been ... and then this news...:/
Unfortunately it's a new form of war for nowadays!

This is tragic, the scum who did this are most likely homegrown.

This is not time to play the blame game but one has to wonder about the intelligence services in France. An attack of this magnitude should have been foiled.

Thank the Lord for the SIS and MI5

Reports in the media now claim over 158 killed in France tonight, bloody awful. Thoughts with all involved of course, just so hard to comprehend.

Reports in the media now claim over 158 killed in France tonight, bloody awful. Thoughts with all involved of course, just so hard to comprehend.
Indeed, this is the worst violence in Paris since world war two. The UK must also be a target for low lifes due to our closeness with the US, I just hope our intelligence services do their job, and nothing like this happens here.

J

jonboy

Truly shocking news, that anybody can believe that any such act is justifiable in the name of any religion is incomprehensible.
We must stand firm behind our security services that keep us safe, and stand shoulder to shoulder with every like minded nation.

This is tragic, the scum who did this are most likely homegrown.

This is not time to play the blame game but one has to wonder about the intelligence services in France. An attack of this magnitude should have been foiled.

Thank the Lord for the SIS and MI5
It's minuscule number of perpetrators hidden amongst millions of people. As has been said many times they only have to get lucky once, whereas the security services need to have a 100% record every time. Attacks of this nature (a few deluded fucks with weapons) are immensely difficult to defend and as good as our security services have been I don't believe for a moment we're immune to such attacks in the UK.

Well waking up to the continuing news shows that it's much much worse, truely horrific. A friend of mines daughter was there only a few weeks ago! So scary!

A friend of mine is a police officer and although not the first line of defence his role means he would play an active role if such an attacked happened here but he believes we are overwhelmingly under policed to cope with such attacks, after commenting on the last attacks in Paris he thinks we could only sustain the type of response that the French did for 48hrs mostly done to roles being given to civilian staff who arn't covered by lawful order and not able to be forced to work..... Very scary!!

I

IndigoRose

Thoughts are with those affected. I have ties to one.

For those worried - terrorists are almost always raised in the country they attack. The refugees argument has absolutely no basis to it and is frankly inhumane as well as ridiculous because it shows zero understanding of how terrorist organisations actually operate. France is one of the most stringent on terrorism (they have a lot of initiatives similar to our Prevent one which is completely wrecking the lives of immigrant students at the moment) - does it look like it's working to you? Maybe time to rethink how we approach this. Personal opinion at the moment is sitting with the solution of using secret services - I mean, they do seem better suited to deal with identifying radicals than the government do. :rolleyes: Guess what isn't going to work? Othering entire groups of people. Just a thought.

ChilternLine - Most faith schools are catholic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geneva convention, rules if engagement and human rights are all in place for very good reasons.
Unfortunately they are forcing us to fight an enemy who ignores them
A difficult fight to win given the restrictions imposed on us

I

IndigoRose

Just to add to my post because upon chatting to a couple of friends I've been reminded of something I'm ashamed I forgot: the attacks on Beirut a couple day's back. Ah, but we'd rather forget that these are the same people refugees are running from, wouldn't we?

Just to add to my post because upon chatting to a couple of friends I've been reminded of something I'm ashamed I forgot: the attacks on Beirut a couple day's back. Ah, but we'd rather forget that these are the same people refugees are running from, wouldn't we?
Fair point...but where do the French run to?

I was just laughing with friend of mine how I love Friday 13th and how lucky I've always been ... and then this news...:/
Unfortunately it's a new form of war for nowadays!
I wonder if this is a play on our western superstitions though, was it deliberatley timed for friday 13th BECAUSE we all have that superstition inbuilt in us wether we believe it or not. Its as much terror of the mind as physical terror.

I

IndigoRose

Fair point...but where do the French run to?
That's not really how asylum works, but if the situation got to that point, I'd imagine it would be the rest of Europe. As horrible as this situation is, on a national level it is not comparable to the horrors experienced in countries refugees flee from where you can't even get a bus without being threatened with death. This is an absolute tragedy but clearly isn't occurring in France on that scale. It is undeniable however that our media values European lives a lot more than it does the innocent middle eastern civilians bearing the large majority of the brunt of the atrocities these people will commit.

That's not really how asylum works, but if the situation got to that point, I'd imagine it would be the rest of Europe. As horrible as this situation is, on a national level it is not comparable to the horrors experienced in countries refugees flee from where you can't even get a bus without being threatened with death. This is an absolute tragedy but clearly isn't occurring in France on that scale. It is undeniable however that our media values European lives a lot more than it does the innocent middle eastern civilians bearing the large majority of the brunt of the atrocities these people will commit.
The rest of Europe...then where? Its very easy to put that logic to the refugees also. You have to remember that people fleeing war torn countries in africa and the arabian peninsula dont actually have to leave the arabian peninsula or africa to reach a safe country. There are many right there. The assumption that there are no safe and economically stable countries within those areas is a huge misconception. People fleeing afghanistan only need to get as far as Pakistan

I disagree with your comment on the media, the majority of the media has been very much centered on showing that floating baby shoe in the ocean, the bodies of people drowned at sea. Its only very recently that the reality of what is happening in towns with high numbers of refugees is coming to the fore of the media..and if its happening then why shouldnt it be reported. The media however have been very vocal on reporting the atrocities committed in Syria by ISIS...its front page almost every day, no devaluing their horror experiences

Last edited:
Paris has the highest number of terrorist attacks of any other European country I believe. They are not just happening in Paris.

I

IndigoRose

The rest of Europe...then where? Its very easy to put that logic to the refugees also. You have to remember that people fleeing war torn countries in africa and the arabian peninsula dont actually have to leave the arabian peninsula or africa to reach a safe country. There are many right there. The assumption that there are no safe and economically stable countries within those areas is a huge misconception. People fleeing afghanistan only need to get as far as Pakistan

I disagree with your comment on the media, the majority of the media has been very much centered on showing that floating baby shoe in the ocean, the bodies of people drowned at sea. Its only very recently that the reality of what is happening in towns with high numbers of refugees is coming to the fore of the media..and if its happening then why shouldnt it be reported. The media however have been very vocal on reporting the atrocities committed in Syria by ISIS...its front page almost every day, no devaluing their horror experiences
Yeah with stuff like Prevent in place and the massive anti-migrant rhetoric I'm going to disagree with you, especially as a migrant as I'm actually being affected by it (of course nowhere near as badly as muslims). I don't know what point you're trying to make about the rest of Europe - the point is that France is NOT in a position where their citizens need to seek asylum. As far as I know it's issues to do with those middle eastern countries you speak of not actually allowing the refugees, in some cases due to religious differences, that lead to them fleeing for Europe. Not really much we can do about that, but we're certainly not oversubscribed anyway and like I already said, there is no basis for this idea that terrorists move through refugee crowds - you seriously think the richest terrorist organisation needs to use the fucking eurotunnel? Lols. Refugees can't afford belt bombs.

Lebanon terror attacks in the last 5 years 31 (one of those being a US and French Barracks)
France terror attacks in the last 5 years 11
UK terror attacks in the last 5 years 2

As is clear, Lebanon, as the example we are using, has way more terror attacks than France in the last 5 years. However France has has way more than us, we cant really begin to understand how the French must be feeling. Imagine if we had that number 11. You can understand why feelings are running so high there. At what number does a country begin to feel unsafe for its inhabitants? Is there an officail number, is there an official number of terror attacks that has to occur before the people who are fleeing that country are no longer classed as emigrating and classed as regugees? What is that number, how much fear does a nation have to endure?

Last edited:
Yeah with stuff like Prevent in place and the massive anti-migrant rhetoric I'm going to disagree with you, especially as a migrant as I'm actually being affected by it (of course nowhere near as badly as muslims). I don't know what point you're trying to make about the rest of Europe - the point is that France is NOT in a position where their citizens need to seek asylum. As far as I know it's issues to do with those middle eastern countries you speak of not actually allowing the refugees, in some cases due to religious differences, that lead to them fleeing for Europe. Not really much we can do about that, but we're certainly not oversubscribed anyway and like I already said, there is no basis for this idea that terrorists move through refugee crowds - you seriously think the richest terrorist organisation needs to use the fucking eurotunnel? Lols. Refugees can't afford belt bombs.
I was simply responding to your post hunni, no need to get sweary when I have been perfectly polite to you. I shall leave you to your thoughts on the matter, I have my own x

Last edited:
I

IndigoRose

I think it's based on prevalence, you can't really compare the quality of life in Lebanon to France haha.. Which would you rather stay in? And I'm generally quite sweary as it is in the majority of my posts, it's just how I speak, you don't have that much of an effect on me "hunni". As I've already addressed with France, I doubt that their extremely provocative attempts at anti-terrorist initiatives are helping the scenario. Regards to asylum seekers, it's judged by how likely you are to die, so if you or I went to Lebanon right now, would we feel safe? How about in France? My friends are all going next week for the climate talks, obviously this has worried them but they'd still pick it over Lebanon lol. Really not comparable and such a bizarre argument, I haven't actually heard that one used even though I've heard every other one on this thread.

I

IndigoRose

I'm not posting for your sake Chloe, as hard as that may be to believe, you're the one that responded to me - I'm just generally engaging in discussion and being critical of the claims people make as I'm seeing the result of both sides first hand. (Actually I say both sides, but the family I know affected are in total agreement with me about refugees. Strange.)

Apparently they are bragging all over twitter that the UK, Rome and Washington D.C are on the hit list. If you look at the Wiki entries for thwarted terrorist attacks in this country for the last 5 years its scary how high the number is but at the same time comforting that so many were halted before they happened.

Deaths in Paris currently standing at 127 according to the papers.

Im betting that all those who have carried out this attack will as usual have been on a national security watch list but the governments were unable to do anything because they hadnt actually committed an attack prior to this. I think this is part of the plan, they know that if they use fresh people with no terror crimes then even if the governments suspect and have proof of links to terrorists they still cant do anything other than monitor those individuals.

Last edited:
The middle east should be left alone to sort it self out including Israel.
This is all a result of America going around the world acting the big tuff police man and roping in it" Allies"
like u.k and France to try and show they are not acting by them self's .
There has not been 1 WMD found to date yet 100s of 1000s of innocent Iraq's have been murdered by the West forces.Before the illegal invasions the sanctions put up by the West including on Food and Medicine resulted in 1000s of innocent deaths
One innocent life lost is one too many irrespective which country you were born in .
The media showing the body of one dead child apparently moved us all ..
That was pathetic.
What about the millions of children that have died as a result of the western war on terror .
What REAL Threat did Iraq or Syria pose to us.....None
We where Co erced into it by America "either your with us or against us" what a load of horse shit
Bush an Blair are war criminals and I hope one day all people like them are brought to account.
As they play games
Innocent people like you and me pat the price in our lives .
It's a very sad Day ,as usual :cry:

The middle east should be left alone to sort it self out including Israel.
This is all a result of America going around the world acting the big tuff police man and roping in it" Allies"
like u.k and France to try and show they are not acting by them self's .
There has not been 1 WMD found to date yet 100s of 1000s of innocent Iraq's have been murdered by the West forces.Before the illegal invasions the sanctions put up by the West including on Food and Medicine resulted in 1000s of innocent deaths
One innocent life lost is one too many irrespective which country you were born in .
The media showing the body of one dead child apparently moved us all ..
That was pathetic.
What about the millions of children that have died as a result of the western war on terror .
What REAL Threat did Iraq or Syria pose to us.....None
We where Co erced into it by America "either your with us or against us" what a load of horse shit
Bush an Blair are war criminals and I hope one day all people like them are brought to account.
As they play games
Innocent people like you and me pat the price in our lives .
It's a very sad Day ,as usual :cry:
Totally agree, we should never have gone into Iraq but its the power that be's long game in thinking that if they de-stabilize a nation they will then be able to swoop in and reap the further benefits, on top of all the arms and power deals and golden handshakes behind closed doors that we never learn about which are the real reasons for war. Ive never trusted this so called friendship between us and america, to have trust you need to trust those in power and I just dont. To me its about america having power over those that once ruled it,about being top dog by having the British government as its little lapdog.

You just have to look at the continued freindship with Saudi Arabia which has some of the worst human rights violations on the planet, to know that none of this is or was EVER about toppling a despot ruler, its just a series of little power games by men with no business playing them. Its almost like a game of Chess to them

Less the sins of the fathers visited upon their children, more the sins of egotistical governments being visited upon the citizens of their countries. France was a massive power player in the Arabian and African continents at one point and now the innocent people are suffering

Last edited:
Would Blair and Bush or Cameron or the Queen it the rest of these so called leaders put their Children on the front line . .
Well we know the answer to that .
Other people children's life's are cheaper apparently.
This will not stop until everyone irrespective of race or religion is treated fairly, the ordinary man just wants to live a happy peacefull life
Do these suicide bombers enjoy blowing them self's up ?????
This world could be a paradise for everyone ...We only have this world and one life .

Would Blair and Bush or Cameron or the Queen it the rest of these so called leaders put their Children on the front line . .
Well we know the answer to that .
Other people children's life's are cheaper apparently.
This will not stop until everyone irrespective of race or religion is treated fairly, the ordinary man just wants to live a happy peacefull life
Do these suicide bombers enjoy blowing them self's up ?????
This world could be a paradise for everyone ...We only have this world and one life .
Well the queen sort of does, the rest, I doubt it. The thing is though, when it comes to suicide bombers its not about being treated fairly, its about being brainwashed by those who seek power into doing something they wouldnt even contemplate themselves, even if the entire world was peaceful and everyone has what they needed there would still be that little niggle called Jihad, its all in the interpretation.

Well the queen sort of does, the rest, I doubt it. The thing is though, when it comes to suicide bombers its not about being treated fairly, its about being brainwashed by those who seek power into doing something they wouldnt even contemplate themselves, even if the entire world was peaceful and everyone has what they needed there would still be that little niggle called Jihad, its all in the interpretation.
I would disagree.
The Queens sons NEVERWOULD go to the front line in a war situation.
It's so much easier to persuade some one who has lost everything due to an attack on their country to become a suicide bomber .
Jihad is only perpetrated when you are attached. ..It is not a pre emotive strick
More a defence to protect your family and home .
The biggest jihad carried out is the battle with ones own demons...
The western media vilify Islam as America needs a boogie man to frighten the masses...
It used to be the communism.

I know speaking to a few colleagues that there is a suggestion that it was a reprisal to the bombing a day or so ago but something like this takes planning and to get 7 or 8 gunmen with vests to become suicide bombers doesn't happen overnight. I'm guessing that it's a combination of many things and opportunities. Dreadful stuff. Just can't get my head around it at all.

My son is in one of the elite groups of the military and I can assure you they are very prepared if this ever happens here. Also they are not sitting idle in some camp in the Uk but very active in many Arabian countries.

I brought an aircraft across the Atlantic, setting off Thursday evening and arriving in the UK Friday morning (prior to the attacks taking place) - we were placed on high alert (very unusual) and subjected to much additional security as Intel was suggesting an attack was imminent....

My son loves his job
But it's kids like him who make me feel safer in this fucked up country where the enemy live with us
I most definately feel safer knowing there are people like your son out there. My son is also in the military but still in the training phase, its scares the living crap out of me knowing whats out there waiting for him but I know how well he is being trained. He also loves his job

Last edited:
I most definately feel safer knowing there are people like your son out there. My son is also in the military but still in the training phase, its scares the living crap out of me knowing whats out there waiting for him but I know how well he is being trained.
It scares me too Chloe !!!
but its why we have a great Army because it's what they want to do and they do it with pride.

I find it quite incredible that the authorities in France were seemingly unaware of the awful events that unfolded on Friday evening in Paris yet they were fully aware of a bomb scare on Friday MORNING in Paris at the Hotel where the German national football team were staying, they were evacuated safely.

I also find it odd that these guys had their passports on them and somehow the passports survived the explosions as a result of the bombs they had strapped to themselves.

Somethings fishy.