Football Thread

Know the jokes and digs would come but it’s devastating news for many up here.....was a once in a lifetime opportunity for the club and city, especially with the economy about to tank and Brexit to follow 🤷🏻‍♂️
You have to ask yourself which clubs have undue influence in the Premier League and which clubs would be most at risk from a financially powerful owner acquiring any other club.

in non Premiership news .. see Sheffield Wednesday already off to a good start for next season... -12pts.. for breaking spending rules in the Championship .. so a good start for the promoted clubs... well one of them.

Best wishes to Harrogate Town in its match this afternoon.

It would be amazing to see the Sulphurites in the Football League but I fear the players will have their work cut out against Notts County who were slicing through the field when the league was suspended.

Best wishes to Harrogate Town in its match this afternoon.

It would be amazing to see the Sulphurites in the Football League but I fear the players will have their work cut out against Notts County who were slicing through the field when the league was suspended.
No fears they got there ... hope that Jack Diamond gets his break through at Sunderland always good to see a local lad doing well.

1-0 and you fucked it up! :sarcastic:

What a great win! Aubameyang is world class. That second goal will go down in history. Number 14 winning us our 14th 🏆 :yahoo::dance:

Credit to Arteta on winning his first trophy 🏆 :hi:

Giroud got bullied by Luiz, who was solid. Pepe had his best performance in our biggest game. He embarrassed the Chelsea players with his skills and had end product. Tierney is a proper left back, what a steal for £24 million.

Now we’ve qualified for the Europa league we go straight in to the group stages and Spurs have to qualify :sarcastic:

Red is the colour, football is the game ⚽️

Glad these two got through rather than Swansea/Cardiff - London away games usually a decent day out and easy journeys from up here in the East Mids. Don't mind who wins though Brentfords new ground might be swaying me towards them - thats if we ever get to actually go to the games ever again :unknown:
I'd be pleased to see Brentford in the first division after such a long absence but I don't mind who wins.

I can’t believe Juve didn’t qualify :( Never a penalty for either team. Ronaldo carried them but had no help. I felt bad for Dybala who got injured.

Terrible mistakes from Real Madrid. Well done Citeh.

Looks like Bayern and Barca are going through tonight.