Dread the phone ringing

am hoping it's not just me so do you ever get days where you go into work and then dread the phone ringing or just don't answer the phone. Most of the time I love my job but odd days I just can't answer the phone and dread it ringing. I can't even really explain why but I have noticed it is mainly when had a few or more days off. I then just pack up and go home again as I have no reason for feeling this way but it's deep in my gut so I can't ignore it

Oh Dear :(.
It must be awfully hard for you ladies to keep going on days when you feel like that :(.
I, for one, when I was in my more active days, would not have minded at all if I received a message from my intended lady for the day along the lines of " Sorry Hun, I'm rather down and depressed today and probably would not be as good as I want to be for you. Can we re-schedule for another day ? "
Simple, to the point and totally understandable. I suppose I"m trying to say " A True Professional" :D

Yes I cannot work on those odd days as I would not be fun company at all and think it's unfair to charge someone when I wouldn't really want to be there and this isn't the type of job where you can just suck it up and hope for the best. I suppose it's not really professional to feel that way and I don't know if anyone will readily admit to it or not but I am hoping I am not the only one who gets days like that

Last edited:
I understand, that's why I don't put my number on the site, so all I get is my fav's and new pre booked ones from the site when numbers exchanged, stress free and up for it! Never had problems!

I only answer my phone when short of bookings 90% of my bookis are in advance on AW. When I plan to work I work even if i'm to feeling 100% I don't want to let other down and usually you forget about whatever bad stuff is in your mind when you have the client in front of you.

There are parts of Yorkshire where I am sure they don't even understand each other :D
You're not wrong. I'm from rural North Yorkshire originally, and when I moved to South Yorkshire about 15 years ago, I didn't have a bloody clue what they were on about! I now live in West Yorkshire so have the best (and worst) of both worlds!

You're not wrong. I'm from rural North Yorkshire originally, and when I moved to South Yorkshire about 15 years ago, I didn't have a bloody clue what they were on about! I now live in West Yorkshire so have the best (and worst) of both worlds!
So you just need a spell in East Yorkshire then to complete the set. Good luck with the Hull accent if you do! :D

Last edited:
This is all very well, I appreciate Dani's point when you just feel down, I appreciate Michelle trying to understand the accent and I appreciate Katie is fully booked most times.

But pity the poor punter who cannot book ahead cos he doesnt know if he can get away. Then he arrives at new st station at 10am and starts sending AW messages to arrange a date for that evening or afternoon. Chances are none of them will respond. I have a situation coming up like this next weekend 12th or 13th November. I won't know till the day. It is in these situations that the phone becomes all important to have any chance of a booking.

Last edited:
I used to display my number, but then all I had in return is switched off phones/timewasters/late runners/total strangers (most of the times). Frustrated times. I've cutted it to a minimum! Everyone having they own strategy anyway, but I'm agree to have a number is the easiest way for the punter if they can't book little in advance!

When I don't want to answer my phone it's because I've had a spate of what I'll call 'daft enquiries'.

Removing my number from my AW profile and ending any Vivastreet advert usually puts an end to that.

The majority of enquiries which follow through usually use email these days, probably because that's what I request on my website and those guys have read my details. Texts are least likely to convert to a booking.

I understand, that's why I don't put my number on the site, so all I get is my fav's and new pre booked ones from the site when numbers exchanged, stress free and up for it! Never had problems!
Exactly Katie that's the way I work I could not be doing with my phone going all the time ,every girls different I just couldn't handle that ,I keep it minimum it keeps it fresh :) X

I don't take the phone with me when I'm in the kitchen or bathroom and i always find miss calls. I never call back but if I get texts I always answer. Same goes if I'm out, I don't like to talk with clients in public but I can answer texts. I also prefer advanced bookings so I can plan my day and I don't do short notice except with guys I've seen due to time wasters. Some of them are very convincing on the phone but they never show so I gave up.

So how do you explain the number of non responses to emails/messages on AW. Even if the response is not available, it would be nice to know what is wrong with my inquiry. Maybe the wg is on holiday, maybe there is something she doesn't like on my profile, maybe a week is too far in advance, (I don't have any negatives so that cannot be the reason). It's the blank no response from AW messages that are so awful because you have no clue what is wrong and you just say f--k it and go back to the phone.

For the record, I prefer email, but it's just so darn frustrating.

This is all very well, I appreciate Dani's point when you just feel down, I appreciate Michelle trying to understand the accent and I appreciate Katie is fully booked most times.

But pity the poor punter who cannot book ahead cos he doesnt know if he can get away. Then he arrives at new st station at 10am and starts sending AW messages to arrange a date for that evening or afternoon. Chances are none of them will respond. I have a situation coming up like this next weekend 12th or 13th November. I won't know till the day. It is in these situations that the phone becomes all important to have any chance of a booking.
This is the thing though, for on the day bookings sending an aw message is really not the way to go. Send them, but send texts and make calls too. When I come out of a booking I respond to the texts, if the missed calls are different numbers I see who called not so long ago and send a please call me back text, by then the guys Ive texted are texting me back then someone calls back, this usually leads to an "im passing mk in about half an hour are you free?" to which I say yes , finish responding ot the new texts Ive got back and take any calls that come along whilst tidying bedroom, cleaning equipment used in last booking, finding fresh stockings and underwear, showering and putting on make up then getting dressed and relighting fresh tealights, if he doesnt arrive early usually a call comes in at the last minute and aw doesnt get checked. So often I get emails from guys asking are you free today are you free in an hour and I dont even see them till its too late.

A text is immediate though

So how do you explain the number of non responses to emails/messages on AW. Even if the response is not available, it would be nice to know what is wrong with my inquiry. Maybe the wg is on holiday, maybe there is something she doesn't like on my profile, maybe a week is too far in advance, (I don't have any negatives so that cannot be the reason). It's the blank no response from AW messages that are so awful because you have no clue what is wrong and you just say f--k it and go back to the phone.

I always respond to my mail I treat replying to my messages just the way I do in my other Job ,I even reply to the "hey you free today " messages with "hey thanks for the message I'm not working today " then let them know I take advanced bookings then wish them luck in finding fun , because I've replied about 50% of the time I get one back thanking me and usually they ask when I'm free spark up a chat and get a booking for a future date :)

Last edited:

My guess is that maybe if they read the message and its too late to see you then they dont bother responding

I always have my phone number showing, if for some reason its not showing then im easy to google plus there is a link to my personal website at the bottom of my first profile page.

Contactability is paramount. I cant always answer the phone as I do not take it into the bedroom during my bookings as I think thats just plain rude (plus the guys phones often go of enough to annoy us anyway) and often if Ive had a long booking I cant even risk sending a please call back text becaue the call was too long ago but if I can I answer and if I always respond to texts. I dont respond to cock pix on whatsapp asking me if Im free to ride it in twenty minutes lol

If I have a facesitting session with a sub though its fine, I just sit on his face like a chair and answer my texts till he clicks the clicker because he needs to breath or make him crawl over to get it for me :angelgirl:

Last edited:

If you send aw emails for same day bookings is best to call or text instead as Chloe said. I login on aw in the morning and in the afternoon and that's it. I don't have time to login every hour or so, I'm busy doing other things around the house or o have bookings or I go out. Better to call or text :)

I've heard that some ladies work from their phone only, either because they can't be bothered logging in, or because they have someone else managing their profile.

Don't know it it's true, but it tallies with punter reports of lots of unanswered emails.

I've heard that some ladies work from their phone only, either because they can't be bothered logging in, or because they have someone else managing their profile.

Don't know it it's true, but it tallies with punter reports of lots of unanswered emails.
But what about those girls who don`t display a `phone number so that one has to email in the first instance to open negotiations? What excuse do they have for not replying? Last June, over the course of a couple of weeks, I emailed 23 girls to make advance arrangements for a meet; only 2 replied, and neither was suitable because although both showed French Kissing on their Profiles neither was prepared to do it.

The only assumption I could make was that a good proportion of the girls on AW are not there for business, but merely to rake in pocket money from their Private Galleries and videos

This email thing is so frustrating. A wg I wanted to see put something on her profile that was open to interpretation. Essentially she said hubby will always be around.

No hubby, no loving

So I asked her, around in the house or in the room? No response, she read my email and refused to respond.

She's blacklisted now

I always answer emails unless they are the stupid ones like "when u free" or "u available". Or the long rambling ones telling me all about their fantasies yet didn't address it to me as its a copy and paste job. I also don't answer ones asking about services it's clear I don't offer. Otherwise I answer all the others even if it is to say I can't see them at that time or date. This thread wasn't about just not answering calls but about the odd day when I feel fine but as soon as the phone rings my gut or head won't let me answer it. Those are the days I just go home again. I don't let people down by cancelling as these are always days I don't have anyone booked in as I don't often take advance bookings as I never know whether I will be able to work or not and if it is booked in advance I have to spend a few days in bed resting to ensure I'm ok to work which isn't the best way financially to do it

I think, mentally, this job can be very hard. And I think every girl does need a break from it now and then. People do have this misconception that it's an easy job for easy money but it isn't. And it's also hard to 'get back into the swing of things' after a few days off as its almost like being out of practice.

I prefer not to take calls yet I still get so many a day. It's that initial 'hello' I dread, no idea why!, hence why I prefer email or text.

If your head isn't there then it will show so best to take a few days off so you're tip top when you're back and have happy clients :)

Xxx

I think, mentally, this job can be very hard. And I think every girl does need a break from it now and then. People do have this misconception that it's an easy job for easy money but it isn't. And it's also hard to 'get back into the swing of things' after a few days off as its almost like being out of practice.

I prefer not to take calls yet I still get so many a day. It's that initial 'hello' I dread, no idea why!, hence why I prefer email or text.

If your head isn't there then it will show so best to take a few days off so you're tip top when you're back and have happy clients :)

Xxx
I find your posts hard to read sometimes. Not because they are badly written or anything (they are not) but my eyes just keep drifting left to your avatar and I have to start again! :D

I totally appreciate wgs dreading the phone call but.....

I had to share this, this is what I received recently and it is why I dread using the message system :

''I think sometimes you guys need to realise that although we check emails as often as we can we get 200+ a day and replying to ANY is near impossible.''

Totally appreciate where she is coming from, no criticism, but explains why punters often prefer the phone.

Maybe, just maybe UKE will provide a means to solve both these dilemas (dilemae ???)

The Brummie accent must be the worst one around. Absolutely awful. I cringe having to listen to Stan Collymore when he's on the radio

I never really answer my work phone due to appalling signal at my I call place so usually ask all clients to text me or send a message via AW.

My phone is only really used for confirming the house number to where I am. Saying that...the phone still rings all day! I'm really grateful for being busy and always apologise for not taking calls but screaming "WHAAAAAT?!" Down the phone is not the first impression I would like to give!! :lol: Xx

But what about those girls who don`t display a `phone number so that one has to email in the first instance to open negotiations? What excuse do they have for not replying? Last June, over the course of a couple of weeks, I emailed 23 girls to make advance arrangements for a meet; only 2 replied, and neither was suitable because although both showed French Kissing on their Profiles neither was prepared to do it.

The only assumption I could make was that a good proportion of the girls on AW are not there for business, but merely to rake in pocket money from their Private Galleries and videos
I don't have a clue, without asking the person behind the profile there's no way to know. Perhaps she puts her number on when she's working, makes enough then takes time off. Yes could be PG scams, or they have enough regulars, or have enough business that they don't need to reply to everyone.

It's not something I do. I've also never had 200+ emails per day, or anything like that number, but I'm not in a densely populated area, I'm not 20 something with a model figure, so who knows?

I don't have a clue, without asking the person behind the profile there's no way to know. Perhaps she puts her number on when she's working, makes enough then takes time off. Yes could be PG scams, or they have enough regulars, or have enough business that they don't need to reply to everyone.

It's not something I do. I've also never had 200+ emails per day, or anything like that number, but I'm not in a densely populated area, I'm not 20 something with a model figure, so who knows?
200 emails is streaching it.
If you don't answer for couple of days than yes. But not daily.
200 calls I can understand as been there done that. But I smell bulshit here :)

:D I don't really mind it since I know a lot of great people from Hull but I've always found it a bit odd - it just seems so unique compared to the rest of Yorkshire
I grew up nearby (in a slightly posher part of Holderness) and the flat, elongated vowels are very ugly - work becomes werrrk etc. That said, I quite like recognising it.

Clearly Im doing something wrong here lol... 100 emails a month maybe , but then I have my phone number everywhere so most call rather than email. Now if I listed the number of texts I get per month... :wackogirl:

In direct response to the OP, I've not had days like that, but I have had moments of 'please not another daft text or email, or communication from a particular person'.

I dont think this job IS mentally draining tbh, never found it so. The only times it comes close is during those quiet times but I soon snap out of it...and the quiet times lol