Do you have a punting budget?

Some time ago, I worked out exactly what I could comfortably spend each month on this entertaining hobby.

However, occasionally it can be really difficult to resist not going over budget, especially when the horn fairy pays a visit. Recently, I was driving home from a punt and had to divert to a local parlour for round 2.

Certainly, this hobby makes me concentrate on earning extra income, provides a real spark to my business and makes me work all the harder.

How do you guys control your spending?

Yeah if times got hard it would be the second thing to go after smoking (hope to stop soon)

Do what I can afford two a month tops

Some time ago, I worked out exactly what I could comfortably spend each month on this entertaining hobby.

However, occasionally it can be really difficult to resist not going over budget, especially when the horn fairy pays a visit. Recently, I was driving home from a punt and had to divert to a local parlour for round 2.

Certainly, this hobby makes me concentrate on earning extra income, provides a real spark to my business and makes me work all the harder.

How do you guys control your spending?
Fortunately I can spend what I like but I have a self imposed limit of £200 an hour after in the past paying up to £350 an hour and not having any better punts than with WGs who charged me £80 an hour, so its all about locating good WGs with great attitudes as its that that defines whether a WG is any good rather than what they choose to charge.

J

jonboy

Only punt when I can afford it and the opportunity arrises, yesterday afternoon was spent looking for a diversion on the way home, but ended up saving it for another day.
I try to stop frustration making me go for plan z and regretting the waste of money

I work in an industry where we get a variety of bonuses over the year apart from the usual annual bonus.

So that is essentially my punting budget. However , I live in a place with very few quality punts available and usually punt in London.

Do not have a limit, all depends on my testosterone cycle

I punt as and when I feel like - which generally isn't too often, usually once or twice a month, although I never book less than an hour. Saying that I had a punt last night and am plotting another for Monday..

I stash money as I like an occasional longer treat like going for dinner or something first. That kind of punt I save for until I have enough put away then wait until I'm in the mood to do it.

Limits as far as spend goes, I've never paid more than £150 for an hour, don't see the need when I can get what I want for that or less. Average is probably around the £120 ph mark.

I have a committed punting budget for at least 2 hrs a week - I usually prefer 1 nice 2hr session but sometimes mix it up with 2 1 hrs. But I also have a discretionary budget for general use - since Ive been back punting most weeks I find an excuse to use that budget for an extra punt. :)

Fortunately I can spend what I like but I have a self imposed limit of £200 an hour after in the past paying up to £350 an hour and not having any better punts than with WGs who charged me £80 an hour, so its all about locating good WGs with great attitudes as its that that defines whether a WG is any good rather than what they choose to charge.
I wish I was as fortunate as you are in the financial sense, Smiths ;).
As I now only see my one regular favorite for overnights about once a month, it's not exactly rocket science for me to work out my punting budget.
My various pensions don't cover this, so I'm skiing ( Spending the Kid's Inheritance :D ) most of the time to cover these expenses :(

I haven't punted since spring. I can resist if I have other priorities, punting is just a hobby. This year its been multiple holidays ect.
Will have a big "catch up " after Christmas

No real budget here, I see girls when time and finances allow. Sometimes I go months without seeing anybody, other times I've been known to see someone every day for a week, though this is extremely rare and far between.

12 months ago I was probably punting once every other week so budgeted for £300.00 (including travel etc.) per month. Then I was fortunate to pay off my mortgage which saved me £450.00 per month (not massive by today's standards). So guess where the extra £450.00 has gone? Punting, punting and more punting. I even have my 4th trip to Germany this year in a few weeks. I'm fortunate to earn enough to cover this but my problem is that after 40 years with the same company I've never in my life been so pissed off with the job. So my dilemma is I could afford to leave and find a lower paid job that I like, but I wouldn't be able to afford my current level of punting. Therefore I've come to the conclusion that I work to punt. Not good.

I have an odd situation, I can punt myself silly in May and October because the family goes away. Then the rest of the year is a few scatterings. I find November is my 'low' month but will brighten up with the new year. One of the reasons why I love this platform, keeps me in touch through the desert days.

So to answer the question I make a lot of hay in those two months and don't watch the budget too closely. But I guess it equates to about £400 per month. Most of it is annual budget but if I have to see one that I have not budgeted for then I dip into the kids inheritance as someone else mentioned.

Last edited:
Yeah if times got hard it would be the second thing to go after smoking (hope to stop soon)

Well I'm in the same boat. It has given me an incentive to stop smoking and that would almost pay for two punts a month. I've had five bookings in the last five weeks but realistically it's more likely to be one or two 'standard' bookings plus maybe something from my bucket list per month going forward.

It's an average budget for me. It's ok to go over one month as there will be months where I have too many other things going on and underspend. Some months might be 1x 3hr and 1-2x 1hr, another might be 4x 1hr. It depends on my schedule, who I'm seeting and how far I'm travelling to see them.

Best possible motivation to stop smoking must be to get more pussy! If you smoke 5 a day 3 within months of quitting it will pay for a decent 1hr punt. If you smoke 10 a day it will only take you 6 weeks...if you're a 20-a-day man around 3 weeks!! Almost worth a separate thread for punters - "do you smoke, and why??" :P:D

Best possible motivation to stop smoking must be to get more pussy! If you smoke 5 a day 3 within months of quitting it will pay for a decent 1hr punt. If you smoke 10 a day it will only take you 6 weeks...if you're a 20-a-day man around 3 weeks!! Almost worth a separate thread for punters - "do you smoke, and why??" :P:D
I'd agree. I stopped for the nth time in September and changed to an ecig. It works for me and for the first time in over 30 years I no longer think about cigarettes. I literally can't believe it. ecigs aren't free of course, but a damn sight cheaper than the real thing. I won't be increasing my punting budget, I'll just have a bit more money for other things.

tcm

I punt when I can afford it .typically I have to have my garage roof repaired because it's leaking pretty badly , and that's going to cost my £800. I could of had at 6 to 8 punts for that

I now punt only when I can afford it, but have also punted when the bank balance said I shouldn't. Thankfully that has been firmly brought back under control!

I usually punt twice a month, two 1 hour sessions so £200 - £250 a month. Came into a bit of money recently so it's been once a week; tried a few new girls for half an hour, but I'll get back to two a month again after I've seen my latest new bookings.

I can normally afford one punt a month but thanks to work being so busy over the last few months and taking all the over time I could was able to afford 2 longers sessions a month recently.

Mine's £200 a month for a 2hr booking. Though some punts have left me hornier & used the next months budget a few days later :dash: Then I have to wait 2 months for the next punt :cry: