Chat Thread

In an extremely weird coincidence, the speaker on Thought for the Day this morning was explaining how cycling was a good way to reconnect with our soul. It looks like I'm not going to be allowed to backslide on my new plan without a lot of nagging.
maybe you misheard @itsmike2 and the connection is with your arsehole? .... saddle soreness and the like

On BBC Breakfast, as an intro to a feature about a decline in wildlife species, Naga Munchetty asked Charlie Stayt when he'd last seen a red squirrel and when he'd last seen a beaver.:) She then got a touch of the giggles and he looked very embarrassed. I'm certain she did it deliberately, it's far from the first time. She's definitely a bit of a naughty one and rather hot!

On BBC Breakfast, as an intro to a feature about a decline in wildlife species, Naga Munchetty asked Charlie Stayt when he'd last seen a red squirrel and when he'd last seen a beaver.:) She then got a touch of the giggles and he looked very embarrassed. I'm certain she did it deliberately, it's far from the first time. She's definitely a bit of a naughty one and rather hot!
yes I saw that too, Mike .... yes she is a tease... but I think when push comes to shove she'd like other journalists make an excuse and leave.

Morning all, it’s a warm sunny one in Herts today, an alfresco breakfast I reckon
lucky Louise and enjoy
.. rain up here .. not too nice .... but it might get better
.... when I travel down you way on business I'm always amazed at the warmth of the welcome I get .... mind being stuck on the coast up north doesn't help.

its in the name.......?.......:D

That’s quite a lot.
Oh and unless you’re a yank it’s sanitiser.
😎
The Oxford English Dictionary actually says that the -ize version has been used in the UK since the 15th century and is closer to the original Greek origin of many words.

The -ise version is related to the French spelling of words. In a post Brexit Britain the -ise version might be declared illegal!:lol: -ize is not just an American version, I've done work for a client who has their own UK English writing rules, written by a Brit, that requires the use of the -ize version.

Last edited:
The Oxford English Dictionary actually says that the -ize version has been used in the UK since the 15th century and is closer to the original Greek origin of many words.

The -ise version is related to the French spelling of words. In a post Brexit Britain the -ise version might be declared illegal!:lol: -ize is not just an American version, I've done work for a client who has their own UK English writing rules, written by a Brit, that requires the use of the -ize version.
I'm sure that @Nice_Addison (surprise!) posted something about this way back in the UKE 1.0 days :)

Meanwhile, this seems quite interesting if you're of a linguistic bent: http://www.metadyne.co.uk/ize.html

The final twist of the knife from 2020 ......

I see that the "book of dreams" such that "wonderful" "can't put it down" book and "such a marvellous page turner" .... and those free pens and pencils will be no longer after December 31 this year ..... dreams crushed.. the new normal ...

.... will the High Street survive?

The final twist of the knife from 2020 ......

I see that the "book of dreams" such that "wonderful" "can't put it down" book and "such a marvellous page turner" .... and those free pens and pencils will be no longer after December 31 this year ..... dreams crushed.. the new normal ...

.... will the High Street survive?
I remember long, long ago, picking up the latest version of the Argos catalogue and browsing through it. Then the internet happened ...

use eggshell........very forgiving.......
Its for a door and the skirting. All the others doors are white gloss. For some reason when I moved in this room was left with wood so thought I'd make it match.

2 undercoats and 1 gloss coat so far, it still looks like shit. I need to sand out the paint drips and do another coat.

Its for a door and the skirting. All the others doors are white gloss. For some reason when I moved in this room was left with wood so thought I'd make it match.

2 undercoats and 1 gloss coat so far, it still looks like shit. I need to sand out the paint drips and do another coat.
decorating an painting just looks easy by the professionals...........?