Book club

That's reminded me of one of my favourite books when I was a kid; Men Martians and Machines, a collection of Sci-Fi short stories by Eric Frank Russell, originally published sometime in the 1950's I think. A detail I remember about the Martians is they breathed through a filter that grew out of their chest, described by the humans as looking something like a chrysanthemum. I might see if it's still available

That's reminded me of one of my favourite books when I was a kid; Men Martians and Machines, a collection of Sci-Fi short stories by Eric Frank Russell, originally published sometime in the 1950's I think. A detail I remember about the Martians is they breathed through a filter that grew out of their chest, described by the humans as looking something like a chrysanthemum. I might see if it's still available
Doesn't seem to be on Amazon, as it appears to be out of print, but it's available elsewhere:

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/...-_-home-_-Results&an=&tn=&kn=&isbn=0425610888

Eventually finished Rivers of London (I'm not a slow reader, just had a big gap when I forgot to pick it up again), so I'm now a way into the sequel Moon Over Soho.

There's a point where the timeline jumps 24 hours, seemingly in error, and that sort of thing plays on my mind, unfortunately. Otherwise, it's enjoyable :)

Just started a reread of some J A Konrath that I forgot I had - tucked away in the Kindle app on my iPad.
He writes thrillers under his own name, horror stories under a pen name Jack Kilborn and sci-fi. He also writes erotica but I’ve not read any of that.

I’ll start with Horror Stories - a short story collection.

Looking into non fiction book Into the Wild

Description
Jon Krakauer's Into the Wild examines the true story of Chris McCandless, a young man, who in 1992 walked deep into the Alaskan wilderness and whose SOS note and emaciated corpse were found four months later, internationally bestselling author Jon Krakauer explores the obsession which leads some people to explore the outer limits of self, leave civilization behind and seek enlightenment through solitude and contact with nature.